Position: Volunteer Location: Turkey - Gaziantep or remote Duration: 6 months
ORGANIZATION: Solıdarity Respect Protect
Please visit the new page to apply.
Time: Part time, unpaid.
Overview:SRP (Solidarity, Respect and Protect) is looking for a Grants Intern to support the program team in Turkey in improving the grants department's performance in terms of quantity and quality of proposals and concept notes made.
SRPwas established in 2017 in Turkey.SRP is a humanitarian non-profit, non-governmental organization that was founded by a group of experts and group of activists from different nationalities, ethnics, and genders. SRP believes that supporting society, people with disabilities, and women to obtain their rights and build peace is the key approach to achieving stabilization.
A peaceful society that lives in dignity and security and is aware of its duties and rights.
Promoting the values of social peace and building the capacities of societies to achieve peace and sustainable development.
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.srp-ngo.com/en
- Identify grants and opportunities by keep track of websites where grants and tenders are applied or by building networking communication with funding and donor organizations in Turkey and the region
- Determine proposal concept, attend strategy meetings and communicate with donors
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Develop proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approaches, coordination, and boilerplates; implementing changes.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Proof reading project’s report and our media content.
- Work with other interns and team members to ensure proposals are submitted timely and per quality needed
The successful applicant will not receive payment for the first 6 months but based on his/her performance and based on funding, he/she may be eligible for a full-time job with a monthly stipend.
Currently enrolled in a master’s or in a Ph.D. programme, or in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme. Excellent command of English, preferrable a native speaker, familiarity with the MENA context, experience with the humanitarian crisis in Syria, Turkey, Ukraine and Iraq
- Strong communication skills
- Report writing skills (English language)
- Deadline oriented
- Process improvement, coordination, strategic planning
- Market knowledge
- Technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team, including with members working remotely
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Only native English speakers will be shortlisted for the interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send your updated CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of your email being 'Grants Intern.’
We also ask you to include availability times for an interview in Turkey/Gaziantep time if you are not already located there.
About Solıdarity Respect Protect
Nuket celal ersoy cad no:20/a, sehitkamil, gaziantep 27090, TR
Vision: A peaceful society that that lives in dignity and security and is aware of its duties and rights. Mission: Promoting the values of social peace and building the capacities of societies to achieve peace and sustainable development. For more information, please visit our website: https://www.srp-ngo.com/en
SRPwas established in 2017 in Turkey.SRP is a humanitarian non-profit, non-governmental organization that was founded by a group of experts and group of activists from different nationalities, races and genders. SRP believes that supporting society, people with disabilities, and women to obtain their rights and build peace is the key approach to achieve stabilization.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 1, 2022
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Resource Development / Management