ORGANIZATION: CHILDREN S MUSEUM OF CENTRAL OREGON
Please visit the new page to apply.
Our mission is to "Inspire curiosity and creativity through hands-on learning."
We are seeking periodic legal advice in the following areas:
- nonprofit law
- land use law
- employment law
These opportunities may be limited duration (such as a review of our bylaws) or ongoing (such as consultation on land use as we select our physical location). If you are an attorney with experience in one or more of these areas, we would love to hear from you!
Additional information is available on our website: https://www.cmcoregon.org.
About CHILDREN S MUSEUM OF CENTRAL OREGON
320 SW Century Drive #405-259, BEND, OR 97702, US
Our mission is to inspire curiosity and creativity in children through hands-on STEAM experiences. We believe children are intelligent, creative, and resourceful; they deserve respect and the opportunity to learn in their own way. Our museum will be built on inquiry-based learning strategies with open-ended exploration. Our museum will demonstrate how "playing" is the work of the child. We believe that families are important as a child’s first teacher and as their partners in learning. Our programs and participatory exhibits will be designed to encourage interaction and inquiry, as well as participation from the entire family.
● "The Place to Go" in Central Oregon for hands-on fun and learning for children, their parents, and teachers.
● Offer hands-on STEAM exhibits and programs for children aged 0-14 to support and encourage curiosity and healthy brain development as well as mental, emotional, and physical health.
● Provide a place where parents can see hands-on education transforming their children into active learners.
● Offer an excelling community science lab that is available for students in grades K-12.
● Offer a theater space that can be used for children’s theater and rentable performance space in the community.
● Provide a rooftop terrace where investigation of the sky, solar system, weather, plant growth, and other natural processes from Central Oregon can be observed.
● Progressively support diversity, equality, and accessibility.
● Provide cultural enrichment by supporting a growing and diverse community in Central Oregon while recognizing the contributions of the indigenous groups that
previously lived here.
● Offer STEAM based camps and programs throughout the year.
● Serve as a unique and essential community resource with financial viability to boost non-traditional economic growth.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 30, 2022
- Organization Design
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Strategic Planning
- Legal (General)
- Employment Law
- Contract Negotiations
- The time commitment varies from a single hour to multiple hours over the course of several weeks or months, depending on the situation.
- Attorney with nonprofit, land use, and/or employment law experience.