3 people are interested
Offsite Satellite Resource Center Volunteer Needed!!
ORGANIZATION: A Precious Child
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Volunteer Reports to: Resource Center Assistant Manager, Adie Briseno.
Summary: A Precious Child's Satellite Resource Centers are located in schools, shelters, and other Agency Partner locations and are dedicated to providing essentials for children in need. As an Offsite Satellite Resource Center Volunteer, you will play an integral role in ensuring that each of our Satellite Resource Center locations continues to serve children and families with essentials through an empowering shopping experience. This position assists the Resource Center Assistant Manager by supporting Satellite Resource Center setup and/or re-vamping and delivering items for restock.
- Assist Resource Center Assistant Manager with Satellite Resource Center set-ups.
- Maintain a clean, stocked and organized Satellite Resource Center.
- Make sure every Satellite Resource Center has labels and proper signage needed.
- Receives all signed Satellite Resource Center forms each location we deliver.
- Sets up and hangs all inventory dropped off at each location.
- Works with Resource Center Assistant Manager and Satellite Resource Center liaison to ensure all Satellite Resource Center needs are being met.
- Have a friendly and welcoming demeanor to clients, volunteers, partners, donors and staff.
- Be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Have reliable transportation and willing to use personal vehicle to travel between Satellite Resource Center locations and A Precious Child.
- Have reliable communication tools such as cell phone, email, and/or access to a computer.
- Be able to take initiative and be detail-oriented.
- Be able to be mobile through the duration of your shift.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of A Precious Child clients, volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Get paperwork signed when needed and learn to inventory items out.
Training & Supervision:
- Complete Volunteer Orientation with Volunteer Team.
- Complete Volunteer Waiver Form.
- Training will be done with Resource Center Assistant Manager.
- Shifts are available Monday - Friday from 9:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Must commit to one 3-hour shift each week.
- Satellite Resource Centers must be fully set up before the end of a shift.
- Make a difference in a child's life by collaborating with our staff and volunteers.
- Be a part of an amazing Volunteer Team who are the core of our organization.
- Gain valuable work experience as part of a dynamic team.
- Experience visiting new great places and meeting the amazing people we help serve.
- Gain amazing organization skills.
- Be proud of every boutique you help set up and know you are making a difference in every community you visit.
About A Precious Child
7051 W 118th Ave, Broomfield, CO 80020, US
A Precious Child, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
A Precious Child assists children and families facing difficult life challenges such as abuse and neglect, crisis situations, and poverty. We work with more than 300 agency partners throughout eight counties which include Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Weld Counties to identify children and families in the most need of our services. Our core initiatives help build the whole child, in addition to meeting basic human needs through our Resource Center, we also help children and their families navigate community resources.
We aim to bridge the gap in a child’s education so that they can become a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community as adults.
7051 W. 118th AvenueBroomfield, CO 80020
December 28, 2022
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training