Onsite Satellite Resource Center Volunteers Needed!!
ORGANIZATION: A Precious Child, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer Reports to: Resource Center Assistant Manager, Adie Briseno.
Summary: A Precious Child's Satellite Resource Centers are located in schools, shelters, and other Agency Partner locations and are dedicated to providing essentials for children in need. As an Onsite Satellite Resource Center Volunteer, you will play an integral role in making sure that each of our Satellite Resource Center locations continues to serve children and families with essentials through an empowering shopping experience. This position will assist the Resource Center Assistant Manager by shopping in the Resource Center when needed to complete inventory requests and gather materials needed by Satellite Resource Center liaisons.
- Assist Resource Center Assistant Manager with shopping in the Resource Center.
- Helps ensure all inventory requested is available.
- Ensures every Satellite Resource Center receives labels and proper signage needed and makes labels if needed.
- Notify the Resource Center Assistant Manager of added requests or needs.
- Helps maintain an organized Satellite Resource Center stock area.
- Ensure Satellite Resource Center bins are stocked and shops if inventory is low.
- Have a friendly and welcoming demeanor to clients, volunteers, partners, donors and staff.
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Be able to take initiative and be detail-oriented.
- Be able to be mobile through the duration of your shift.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of A Precious Child clients, volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Get paperwork signed when needed and learn to inventory items out.
Training & Supervision:
- Complete Volunteer Orientation with Volunteer Team.
- Complete Volunteer Waiver Form.
- Training will be done with Resource Center Assistant Manager.
- Shifts are available Monday - Friday from 9:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Must commit to one 3-hour shift each week.
- Make a difference in a child's life by collaborating with our staff and volunteers.
- Be a part of an amazing Volunteer Team who are the core of our organization.
- Gain valuable work experience as part of a dynamic team.
- Experience visiting new great places and meeting the amazing people we help serve.
- Gain amazing organization skills.
- Be proud of every Satellite Resource Center you help shop for and know you are making a difference in our community.
About A Precious Child, Inc.
557 Burbank Street, Unit E, Broomfield, CO 80020, US
A Precious Child, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
A Precious Child assists children and families facing difficult life challenges such as abuse and neglect, crisis situations, and poverty. We work with more than 300 agency partners throughout eight counties which include Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Weld Counties to identify children and families in the most need of our services. Our core initiatives help build the whole child, in addition to meeting basic human needs through our Resource Center and Boutiques (satellite resource centers), we also help children and their families navigate community resources.
We aim to bridge the gap in a child’s education so that they can become a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community as adults.
7051 W. 118th AvenueBroomfield, CO 80020
September 1, 2022
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training