Grocery Bag Delivery (Supporting Our Seniors)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Society of Sharing: Inner-City Volunteers
Description & Details
The Society of Sharing Sharing and Caring Pantry project aims to contribute to the senior’s overall emotional and physical well-being by providing them at no cost the necessities of food and other essential daily items such as toiletries, hygiene products and basic household items.The Pantry Grocery-bag Delivery volunteer has the primary responsibility of delivering the ordered items to the clients home in a timely manner, and to follow the SOS delivery protocol to ensure safe, contactless delivery.
The duties and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Submit availability (hours) to the Pantry Coordinator and update it on a regular basis or whenever necessary.
- Review and accept a request for delivery via email and confirm with the Pantry Coordinator the schedule of delivery.
- Pick up the ordered items from the pantry and deliver them to the client’s address by following the SOS COVID-19 protocol on contactless delivery.
- Report back to the Pantry Coordinator after the delivery via text message, email or phone call.
- Have familiarity in navigating the downtown core.
- Have availability on Wednesday, Thursdays or Fridays between 9am and 5pm.
- Have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Have ability to multi-task and solve problems immediately.
- Possess the ability to raise or lift at least 40 pounds of weight
- NOTE: Driving or use of own vehicle is not required.
The applicant must be:
- 18 years old or older.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (3 doses)
- Willing to undergo the following recruitment process:
- Submit a completed SOS Volunteer Application form.
- Volunteer Screening and Interview.
- Reference background check.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening completed
Time commitment: 6 months
Preferred Availability: Weekdays between 9am and 5pm
Training: Volunteers must undergo mandatory training for new volunteers and orientation.
ABOUT OUR AGENCY:
Society of Sharing: Inner-City Volunteers is a non-profit organization that improves quality of life, and reduces isolation and vulnerability among seniors and adults with physical disabilities, in the downtown Toronto community. We achieve this by providing friendly visiting programs, medical and shopping escort, telephone reassurance and group socialization with the support of our volunteers.
All volunteer must be fully vaccinated and follow the SOS COVID-19 protocol. New volunteers are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to placement. PPEs must be worn at at all times during the duration of volunteering.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
25 Linden StreetToronto, ON M4Y 1V5Canada
August 1, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK