ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Purpose This volunteer position will support Los Angeles Region Communications team by speaking to media, developing communications and PR materials for website, social media platforms and local media outlets. Position aims to inform public about Red Cross services at a disaster relief operation, as well as raise local awareness and visibility of the American Red Cross in region.
Serve as spokesperson for the American Red Cross, coordinate Public Affairs team response when an incident is being covered by media, write press releases, take photographs, represent the Red Cross at meetings, write reports related to Public Affairs response, and produce internal communications.
- 1 year experience preparing public relations materials ( press releases, media advisories, media alerts)
- 1 year experience interacting with media ( pitching stories, talking to reporters).
- 1 year experience doing social media for an organization or business
About American Red Cross
1450 S Central Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90021, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things. Join a team of 4000+ regular volunteers in the Los Angeles Region to deliver services to local communities daily, weekly or monthly.
Multiple locations Los Angeles, CA 90021
July 29, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Social Media / Blogging
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours a week