6 people are interested
Refugee Resettlement Support Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: INTERNATIONAL RESCUE COMMITTEE in DENVER
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Resettlement Support Volunteers support newly arrived clients to meet their immediate needs through a variety of tasks such as:
- Transport clients to medical appointments, workshops at the IRC, and employment interviews.
- Support clients with obtaining Colorado state IDs, applying for social security cards, and other administrative tasks.
- Provide community navigation support such as helping clients pay bills, visiting local libraries with clients, and practicing riding the bus and light rail with clients.
- Take clients to shop for clothes at local donation centers.
- Deliver documents, food, and basic necessities to clients.
About INTERNATIONAL RESCUE COMMITTEE in DENVER
1873 S. Bellaire St., 5th Floor, Denver, CO 80222, US
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and regain control of their future.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian organization that works in the U.S. and around the world to help people whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster as they survive, recover and regain control of their future. We are one of the nine national resettlement agencies that partner with the U.S. Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) to provide services to refugees approved for resettlement through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
The International Rescue Committee provides opportunities for refugees, asylees, victims of human trafficking, survivors of torture, and other immigrants to thrive in America. Each year, thousands of people, forced to flee violence and persecution, are welcomed by the people of the United States into the safety and freedom of America. These individuals have survived against incredible odds. The IRC works with government bodies, civil society actors, and local volunteers to help them translate their past experiences into assets that are valuable to their new communities. In Denver and other offices across the country, the IRC helps them to rebuild their lives.
1873 S Bellaire StSte 500DenverDenver, CO 80222
August 1, 2023
- Case Work / Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Resettlement Support Volunteers support as needed on an on-call basis. There is no firm time commitment for this volunteer position. Resettlement Support Volunteers can volunteer for just this position or they may volunteer in other capacities at the
- Please note that volunteers must undergo a background check for which we ask a donation of $49. All staff and volunteers at the IRC must be vaccinated against the COVID 19 virus and agree to wear a mask when interacting with clients.