Special Events Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Creative Emajinations
Please visit the new page to apply.
"Empowering aspiring youth to explore music and movement through the art of self-expression"
Special Events Coordinator
At Creative Emajinations, every youth will have the opportunity to explore their imagination without limitations, which will enable for them to reach their full potential through the art of music and dance.
We exist to provide a welcoming and safe gathering place where youth are free to learn and explore movement and self-expression through the in performing arts. We accomplish this by partnering with skilled performing arts volunteers who commit to sharing their knowledge of dance, vocal instruction, and music recording in both its physical form and its historical context.
About the Job
The Special Events Coordinator role will primarily support events held throughout the year. The role requires volunteers to keep track of in-kind donations, communicate with partners/directors to ensure the success of this event held. Works with staff and volunteers to assist with planning, coordinating, and implementing events designed to raise funds for and to promote community awareness of Creative Emajinations programs and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support in the solicitation of new/existing donors to support special events with little supervision
- Provides staff support and leadership to event chairs to secure sponsors and participants
- Assists with planning, implementation, and production of all fundraising events
- Recording and tracking donor contracts/payments, reviewing/submitting event related invoices for payment, writing acknowledgement and thank you letters etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Fundraising & special events experience in the nonprofit space preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented to manage event timelines and marketing processes
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple constituencies and audiences
About Creative Emajinations
PO box 16072, Kansas City, MO 64112, US
We exsist to provide unique performance arts services to underserved youth in Kansas City. We take pride in our work and volunteers as their key role will be to inspire youth towards becoming young professionals.
Our goal is to increase motivation to succeed in school while providing unique awards and incentives. Provide opportunities establish relationships with youth the has a passion for music and dance.
PO box 16072Kansas CityKansas City, MO 64112
July 29, 2022
- Theater Arts
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Driver's License Needed