DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Are you an animal lover? Volunteer as an Exhibit Ambassador!
ORGANIZATION: Butterfly Pavilion
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Exhibit Ambassador Volunteers bring our exhibits to life, creating connections and providing fun learning opportunities for our guests through up-close animal experiences.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide interactive and educational experiences to guests of all ages that help create deeper understanding of our exhibits.
- Answer basic questions and share information about our animals.
- Ensure all guests have a safe and fun experience.
- Use live animals to demonstrate science-based concepts to guests.
- Follow and model procedures for animal care and safety.
- Comply with all Butterfly Pavilion policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Be at least 14 years old.
- Background or interest in animals, science, education, and/or conservation.
- Interest in and ability to learn about invertebrates and exhibit interpretation techniques.
- Ability to share information in a friendly, positive and engaging way.
- Willingness and ability to handle invertebrates.
- Comfortable interacting with high volumes of guests, especially young children.
TRAINING & COMMITMENT:
- Attend training to learn interpretation techniques and basic information about each exhibit.
- Complete in-exhibit training for three hours per exhibit with a staff or volunteer mentor to help you become familiar and comfortable with each exhibit.
- Commit to a 2 to 4 hour weekly or biweekly shift, totaling at least 8 hours per month, for a minimum of 6 months.
- Additional training sessions covering new exhibits or activities as needed.
- Be a dependable team player, committed to providing our guests the highest standards of customer service.
Requires ability to sit and stand for extended periods, bend, and lift up to 25lbs. Volunteers will be exposed to high levels of noise on busy days.
- Help Butterfly Pavilion provide quality interactive and educational experiences to the public every day.
- Be a part of fun and memorable moments with families and children.
- Foster an appreciation of invertebrate animals, inspiring guests to take conservation actions in their own lives.
- Comprehensive training and gained experience with communication, education, and interpretation techniques.
- Animal handling experience at an AZA (American Association of Zoos and Aquariums) accredited institution.
- Butterfly Pavilion core volunteers receive free admission to Butterfly Pavilion, 4 annual guest passes to share with friends and family, a 20% discount in Gift Shop and invitations to staff and volunteer celebrations, meetings, and other events throughout the year,
- Awards for milestones in volunteer service, and more!
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE & APPLY:
***Please note that an application, interview and criminal background check are required in the selection process. Not all applicants will be selected. ***
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Butterfly Pavilion
6252 West 104th Avenue, Westminster, CO 80020, US
Butterfly Pavilion exists to foster an appreciation of invertebrates by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation.
Butterfly Pavilion is the first stand-alone, Association of Zoos and Aquariums-accredited non-profit invertebrate zoo in the world and a leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.
6252 W 104th AveWestminster, CO 80020
June 27, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 8 hours per month for at least 6 months
- Reliability, willingness to learn, and readiness to have fun!