Skilled Volunteer Marketing Manager (Ages 55+) for Walk to End Alzheimer's
ORGANIZATION: LA WORKS RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
Quick Overview: If you have marketing and recruiting experience and are passionate about supporting the Alzheimer’s Association and their dedication to finding a cure for Alzheimer’s and all other dementia, becoming a Community Engagement volunteer for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s could be for you!
Organization Name: Alzheimer’s Association
Organization Website: alz.org/walk
Mission: The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for experienced marketing and recruiting volunteers to join our Committee Engagement Committee who can attend all committee meetings and assist with recruitment of teams and committee members for Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Volunteers on the Community Engagement Committee will:
- Serve as a volunteer leader for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Work closely with Community Engagement Chair to ensure the success of the event
- Make calls and reach out as needed to various participants
- Commit to becoming a fundraising team at your Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Recruit 3-5 new community teams: Family & Friends, Organizations & Clubs, Schools, Faith-based Organizations
- Assist in recruiting back, retaining, and stewarding previous years community teams
- Help strategize and implement community/friends & family kickoff for Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Model fundraising by becoming a Champion, raising $500+
- Participate in four (4) Community Engagement Committee meetings
- 6-8 months
- This opportunity is hybrid (virtual and in-person)
Age requirement: This opportunity is for 55 and older volunteers only
About LA WORKS RSVP
570 W. Ave. 26 Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90065, US
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars: - INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects; - PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and - EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community. The RSVP Program at L.A. Works is a federally funded program free to members, with the mission of mobilizing 55 and older volunteers for a large variety of projects with nonprofits all over Los Angeles. Consider us a one-stop-shop for finding different ways to volunteer and help smaller local nonprofits accomplish their missions.
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars:
- INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects;
- PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and
- EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community.
Tens of thousands of committed volunteers together with thousands of civic, nonprofit, and business partners have enabled L.A. Works to make a significant, visible, and lasting contribution to Los Angeles.
Since 1991, L.A. Works has mobilized and led volunteers to contribute over a million hours to Los Angeles through unique volunteer programming, which has included:
- Serving meals and preparing emergency food provisions for over 425,000 homeless and low-income individuals;
- Providing educational and enrichment activities for over 65,000 disadvantaged youth;
- Revitalizing schools, parks, and community centers for more than 200,000 volunteer hours;
- Offering companionship to seniors and friendship to abused and homeless women for more than 20,000 volunteer hours;
- Conserving, cleaning, and restoring urban and natural environments in and around Los Angeles for more than 75,000 volunteer hours;
- Caring for animals in shelters and sanctuaries at over 1,200 volunteer projects; and
- Training more than 900 Angelenos in the project and volunteer management.
Multiple locations Los Angeles, CA 90010
July 12, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Time Commitment: Participate in four (4) Community Engagement Committee meetings 6-8 months
- Age requirement: This opportunity is for 55 and older volunteers only