DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Reporting to the Director, the Fundraising Coordinator/Community Relations Specialist (CRS) coordinates all fund development activities. Identifies and researches prospective donors for a wide array of fundraising initiatives/campaigns, prepares donor and corporate profiles, searches for funding opportunities, manages the year-round corporate partners program, prepares proposals for organization support, and helps develop and cultivate donor relationships. This position is also responsible for coordinating educational activities for both community education and fundraising.
- Research and maintain individual donor profiles on current and prospective donors and maintain donor prospect pipeline using ASCENDtials donor database and other wealth management systems.
- Develop and manage donor and corporate sponsor stewardship (e.g. thank you calls, acknowledgement letters, holiday cards, birthdays, TY for event participation, etc.).
- Research and identify business and family foundation funding opportunities.
- Working with key personnel; prepares proposals for organization support (e.g. grants, underwriting opportunities, sponsorships, etc.).
- Develop and coordinate fundraising events (in-person and virtual).
- Manage and maintain development database.
- Help coordinate meetings between Director with donors, business leaders and family foundation executives.
- Along with key personnel, solicits sponsorships and other donations and/or in-kind items (e.g. prizes, plaques, printing, etc.) to support SCRC community events.
- Coordinate presentation requests and inquiries.
- Develop and manage marketing pieces and development materials.
- Attend and present at community meetings and networking events as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be a curious, creative, and tenacious researcher with outstanding analytical skills, and attention to detail, as well as be highly organized and deadline-driven.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Southern Caregiver Resource Center (SCRC).
- Proven team player; ability to collaborate and engage with all staff.
- Innovative self-starter.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process development.
- Ability to deal with constant change in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated strength in oral communication, including the ability to persuasively present and interpret the mission, goals, and programs of the organization to prospective donors and volunteers, in individual meetings, and in front of groups.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing to a variety of audiences comprising ASCENDtials donor/prospect base, preparing proposals and reports.
- Sensitivity to confidential information.
- Social skills, and self-confidence to work successfully with a variety of individuals and personalities (board members, community leaders, corporate leaders, foundation representatives, financial advisors, etc.).
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, marketing, non-profit management, or a related field.
- Familiarity with San Diego’s philanthropic community is preferred.
- Experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including effective public speaking experience with community stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of computers, office equipment, and software programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, and Exceed (or other donor databases).
- Ability to learn and utilize additional software programs and databases as needed.
- Proof of a valid California driver's license, adequate automobile insurance coverage, vehicle for use on the job, or reliable transportation.
18 More opportunities with ASCENDTIALS
505 W Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101, US
Ascendtials is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that focuses on empowering BIPOC communities throughout Southern California. Established in 2014, Ascendtials seeks to impact communities through programs that encourage participants to act as signifiers of change in education and work settings that are not inclusive towards BIPOC people.
Ascendtials assists those in the BIPOC community in dismantling institutionalized Isms within the U.S. workforce by offering workshops that empower them. Our non-profit organization focuses on building cosmic consciousness through our experiential learning programs, healing sessions, and workshops, so that they can successfully advocate for humanity and the environment.
505 West Broadway505 W Broadway, APT 204, San Diego, CASan DiegoSan Diego, CA 92101
April 25, 2023
- Financial Service Assistance
- Donor Management
- Driver's License Needed