DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Philanthropy Associate/Fundraising Coordinator is critical to our overall organizational success and will be responsible for fundraising administration, data management, prospect research, and event coordination for the organization’s 5-year growth campaign.
- Research potential prospects, identify existing donors with greater capacity, and manage the prospect pipeline. This includes researching state and federal political giving, philanthropic giving, and PAC giving, among other resources that help to identify net worth.
- Provide admin assistance to the Director with scheduling meetings, coordinating events, calendar and contacts maintenance, meeting preparation, follow-up, and general fundraising activities.
- Coordinate virtual events and donor briefings, including the outreach, registration, and tech needs.
- Prepare written and email correspondence, donor profiles, volunteer briefings, donor solicitations, emails, donor updates, reports, and proposals.
- Support the volunteer Growth campaign
- Update Raiser’s Edge with regular data entry to ensure that all outreach and meetings are recorded and reported.
- Prepare regular campaign fundraising reports for the philanthropy and executive team, as well as monthly reports for board committees.
- Perform other duties that support the needs of the development department, as assigned.
- Opportunities to take on special projects, including stewardship and member management projects, throughout the year.
- Passion for working in the environmental, climate justice, and political space.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a related area and/or the aptitude for major gift and campaign fundraising management. Prior political or nonprofit work experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Zoom, and internet research using FEC Lookup and OpenSecrets. Experience with Raiser’s Edge and iWave is a plus.
- Strong writing skills and ability to present information in a succinct way.
- Ability to maintain discretion and work with confidential documents.
- Strong organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take direction on projects and ask questions when unsure.
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimal levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at-will relationship.
We are committed to equity, inclusion, and environmental and climate justice. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we seek to create and sustain a team that reflects the diversity of the state we serve. We welcome applications from individuals from all backgrounds, especially those with experience working with communities most impacted by California's environmental challenges.
505 W Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101, US
Ascendtials is a 501 (c)(3) BIPOC-led non-profit organization that focuses on empowering BIPOC communities throughout Southern California. Established in 2014, Ascendtials seeks to impact BIPOC communities through programs that encourage BIPOC participants to act as signifiers of change in education and work settings that are not inclusive towards BIPOC people.
Ascendtials assists those in the BIPOC community in dismantling institutionalized racism within the U.S. workforce by offering workshops that empower them as they interact with difficult co-workers and bosses. Our non-profit organization focuses on giving those in the BIPOC resources so that they can successfully advocate for themselves in work offices that are not inclusive.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 27, 2022