MDA Summer Camp - True Friends Conference & Retreat Center
ORGANIZATION: Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
Please visit the new page to apply.
MDA Summer Camp wouldn’t be possible without people like you. Each summer, hundreds of volunteers serve as counselors and medical staff for one week sessions to help make Summer Camp a safe, fun and memorable experience.
As a volunteer, you will assist campers and be their "buddy" for the week as you participate in adaptive camp experiences, games, dances, meal time and more. You also will take on the role of 24-hour caregiver, friend and confidence-builder.
- Create a fun, safe and inclusive environment for campers.
- Act as a companion and encourager of campers, promoting strong self-esteem.
- Assist camper, as needed, with camp activities and activities of daily living. Work with unit leaders, program directors or other staff to meet the needs of the campers.
- Assure campers are properly supervised at all times.
- Have fun and participate in daily activities with enthusiasm.
- Set a good example to campers and others by upholding all camp rules.
- Set a high standard of cooperation.
About Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
161 N Clark, Suite 3550, Chicago, IL 60601, US
Since 1950, we've spearheaded efforts to transform the lives of people with muscular dystrophy, ALS, and related neuromuscular diseases. We fund groundbreaking research for promising treatments and provide families with the highest quality care from the best doctors in the country.
The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is the world’s leading nonprofit health agency dedicated to finding treatments and cures for muscular dystrophy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and other neuromuscular diseases. It does so by funding worldwide research; by providing comprehensive health care services and support to MDA families nationwide; and, by rallying communities to fight back through advocacy, fundraising and local engagement. Visit mda.org to learn more.
8046 83rd Street NorthwestMaple Lake, MN 55358
June 27, 2022
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Saturday, 8/6/2022 - Friday 8/12/2022 6:00am - 11:45pm
- 18+ years old Commit to an entire week of volunteering at MDA Summer Camp Online application through UltraCamp Criminal Background Check through Sterling Volunteers Interview with MDA Staff Submit references Physical examine