Tutor Training Intern - Help us guide our tutors in ending the education gap!
ORGANIZATION: PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Tutor Training Intern
Estimated Hours/Week: at least 2-3 hours/week
Expected Commitment: at least 3 months
About Pandemic Professors:
Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to
underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic. Our organization is 100% volunteer run and has no paid opportunities.
Main Goal: Support our tutors throughout their time with Pandemic Professors, creating a variety of trainings and resources to help them effectively work with their students.
If interested, please apply here: https://forms.gle/8pUrPLaXwXa3LARs9
- Organize, create, and run various training opportunities for our volunteer tutors on a variety of topics, such as socio-emotional learning, different learning styles, engaging students over Zoom, etc.
- Create documents or guides for tutors to easily access through the shared Tutor Drive.
- Maintain and contribute to the shared Tutor Drive of resources. This includes creating worksheets, finding online games, compiling tips and tools, etc.
- Maintain the Tutor Training Inbox and any other tutoring-related questions we may receive from tutors.
- Be mindful and considerate while working with tutors and other volunteers. Maintain excellent customer service when communicating with anyone.
- Communicate with tutors to gauge interest in various trainings, brainstorm solutions, and plan events (tutor social hours, orientations, trainings) based on expressed need and interest.
- Support fellow team members when needed and maintain communication to minimize confusion and overlap.
- Work alongside Tutor Success to identify recurring challenges and develop projects to address them.
- Assist with other tutor training and success projects as needed.
- Report to the Director of Program Success.
Opportunities for Growth:
- Apply and develop the following skills:
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Organization and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service
- Problem solving skills
- Public speaking skills
- Google Suites, Excel, and Powerpoint skills
- Increase your knowledge in the following areas:
- Nonprofit development and operations
- Serving economically disadvantaged students
- Career development for recent college students
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 26, 2022
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- at least 2-3 hours/week for at least 3 months