CFS VISTA Project: VISTA Leader 2022
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Community Food Security VISTA Project in Iowa
Hello! Thank you for your interest in this AmeriCorps position. Please apply to this position at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=113009 in order to be considered. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you! (Please click "Show" below for more information about the position)
As a CFS VISTA Leader, you will serve among a cohort of Community Food Security (CFS) VISTA members throughout Iowa, sponsored by the Center for Energy & Environmental Education at the University of Northern Iowa, & will have frequent opportunities to share knowledge within this community through regular cohort-wide meetings & site visits. In addition to all standard AmeriCorps VISTA benefits, you will engage regularly with thought leaders in local food via the Cedar Valley Regional Food & Farm Network & Regional Food Systems Working Group, in addition to being invited to professional development opportunities coordinated by the VISTA Program Coordinator. VISTA Leaders are instrumental to their programs’ recruitment as well as their fellow members’ quality of life. In this role, you will:
- Enrich the service experience for members through active support, listening, and collaboration. This will call on your abilities to build community among a statewide cohort of VISTAs (sometimes spanning distances of up to 100 miles);
- Empathize with and develop solutions for members; and prepare members for life after service
- You will become an expert on the rules and inner workings of federally funded programs, public benefit programs such as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), and best practices of workforce development
- You will also frequently collaborate on members’ projects and become well-versed in our entire portfolio of local food and hunger intervention programs
- As a face of the CFS VISTA Project, you will frequently lead recruitment and program development initiatives, establishing new talent pools and ensuring each cohort of VISTA positions is filled by applicants who are passionate about food and social justice.
Member Duties : As the Community Food Security (CFS) VISTA Project VISTA Leader, you will improve communication & coordination among all sub-sites, standard VISTAs, & Summer Associates. You will coordinate the development of new food access initiatives in the Cedar Valley; lead the recruitment process & continue to refine the program’s recruitment plan; & further the visibility of the CFS VISTA Project in Iowa VISTA members-their projects, programs, & general service-in the state of Iowa. In this position, you will frequently meet with food system leaders through various coalition efforts, become a certified Local Food Leader, & collaborate extensively with the VISTA Program Coordinator to enhance & streamline CFS VISTA Project procedures & operations. You should work alongside diverse groups of people with accountability & compassion; be eager to establish & maintain positive working relationships; & have an equity centered mindset, excellent communication, & interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Bi-weekly living allowance ($17,400/yr)
- Education award ($6500) or cash award ($3000) after completing term
- Childcare subsidy
- Relocation allowance if moving more than 50 miles to serve ($750 + a per-mile rate)
- Free supplemental health allowance plan for most costs not covered by insurance
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
8106 Jennings DriveCedar Falls, IA 50613
August 1, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME