Be the Shelter in the Storm - Shelter Associates Needed
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you interested in deploying and helping communities during this rough hurricane and wildfire season! We are looking for volunteers willing and able to help serve the communities affected by natural disasters.
The role of Sheltering Service Associate is to serve as a member of a temporary work unit on a disaster relief operation to successfully complete their assigned areas of responsibility on a disaster relief operation. They ensure safe sheltering at a single shelter throughout the cycle of the disaster.Time Commitment
- Regional responses: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement 2 week deployment and 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days.
- Beyond Regional responses: a minimum requirement 2 week deployment and 12-14 hour days for extended periods depending on distance. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.
* Serve as a shelter worker on a disaster relief operation. Roles may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
* Meeting disaster-caused sheltering needs of individuals, families, and communities.
* Providing services with kindness and compassion that are accessible and equitable to all clients.
* Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisor and peers.
* Ensuring accuracy in all assigned tasks.
* Providing accurate reporting of sheltering activity as assigned.
For more information: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=35003&h=193&p=1864067
If interested in volunteering, please contact Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, Danielle Dietze at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Lehigh CountyAllentown, PA 18103
December 8, 2022
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training