13 people are interested
New York Asian Film Festival Hospitality Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: New York Asian Film Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
Come join a creative team of Asian cinema fans dedicated to exhibition and appreciation of Asian film culture in all its forms. For the 22nd edition of the New York Asian Film Festival (NYAFF) taking place from July 14-30 at Film at Lincoln Center in New York City, we are looking for a Hospitality Coordinator.
You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and calm under pressure. You have a commitment to excellent communication, dependability, strong work ethic, ambassadorship, and confidentiality are essential. You will be team-oriented, self-motivated, and should demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. It is important to have past experience working in a fast-paced environment and have demonstrated the ability to multitask and juggle rapidly shifting priorities. A track record in hospitality and/or travel coordination is preferred.
This position starts from late May and is hybrid and on-site during the festival dates July 14-30Key Responsibilities
- * Organizing travel and accommodations for invited guests
- * Work within a budget and timeline to purchase airfares and book hotel rooms for guests.
- * Work with the Executive Director and Associate Program Director on determining levels of hospitality support provided.
- * Assess guest needs (dietary, language, etc.) and work with Sr. Hospitality Manager to accommodate guests with special needs.
- * Working with Sr. Hospitality Manager and Hospitality Assistants to create, update and review guest itineraries.
- * Assist Hospitality Assistant & Transport Coordinator with volunteer & car captain schedules.
- * Create FAQ documents for hospitality volunteers.
- * Supervise volunteers to help with all duties regarding hospitality.
- * 1-2 years of previous festival or film exhibition experience required.
- * 1-2 years of previous hospitality experience is preferred.
- * Strong organizational and administrative skills along with the ability to multitask efficiently.
- * Good communication skills and willingness and ability to share information in a fast-paced environment.
- * Database experience, such as Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and/or Airtable is a plus.
- * Must demonstrate a friendly and cooperative attitude with guest contacts, volunteers, vendors, donors, sponsors, and event staff;
- * Knowledge of Manhattan is preferred.
- * Gain experience, improve your skill set and build your resume
- * Make new friends!
- * Build a network in the (Asian) film industry
- * Access to all festival films and events at NYAFF 2023
Send an email with your resume and a short pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to drop us an email with any questions you may have!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About New York Asian Film Foundation
21720 State Highway 28, Delhi, NY 13753, US
The New York Asian Film Foundation is America’s leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the exhibition and appreciation of Asian popular film culture in all forms, building bridges between Asia and the West. With year-round festivals and programs (including the annual New York Asian Film Festival), NYAFF aims to bring wide audience and critical attention to contemporary and classic Asian cinema in the U.S.
New York Asian Film Foundation is America’s leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the exhibition and appreciation of Asian popular film culture in all its forms, with year-round festivals and programs, and a view to building bridges between Asia and the West. The New York Asian Film Foundation’s other events and initiatives include the Winter Series and special screenings like the anime marathon of Cowboy Bebop. The annual New York Asian Film Festival (NYAFF) has been presented in collaboration with the Film Society of Lincoln Center since 2010. Now entering its 20th year, NYAFF is North America’s leading festival of popular Asian cinema.
165 West 65th StreetNew York, NY 10023
June 22, 2023
- Event Management
- Visual Arts
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training