5 people are interested
Food Pantry Volunteers Needed
ORGANIZATION: FSL Helping You Live Independently
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
FSL is committed to serving its clients in a holistic manner. Residents need food assistance at the Village on Roeser affordable housing apartment community that serves older adults. Volunteers are relied upon to manage and maintain the on-campus food bank.
Volunteers manage, organize, maintain, and distribute groceries to residents at this 112-unit complex, every Friday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. Volunteers are needed to start at 8:00 am, and engage in helping staff get food from the St. Mary’s Food Warehouse at 2831 N 31 st St., Phoenix; bring the food back to Village on Roeser Community Room; set the groceries out for residents to pick up, and clean-up of the area afterward. Volunteers will meet at Village on Roeser at 454 E Roeser Rd., Phoenix, drive with staff to the St. Mary’s Food Bank where you will shop the warehouse, and then return to Village on Roeser to work in the Community Room Kitchen to prep and distribute grocery items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Travel to the Village on Roeser Community Room on Fridays
-Accompany the Property Manager at the St. Mary’s Food Warehouse and assist with shopping for necessary food and provisions
-Return to Village on Roeser to organize and prepare the grocery items for residents who have signed up for the distribution
-Oversee the distribution process as residents show up
-After distribution is completed, assist with clean-up
-Assist with the day’s documentation
About FSL Helping You Live Independently
1201 E. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85014, US
FSL, a non-profit health and human services organization, has been caring for Arizonans since 1974. Our mission is to provide home and community-based services and develop energy-efficient, affordable housing to promote health, independence, and dignity for all. Our vision is a caring community that promotes the health and well-being of all.
Helping You Live Independently
For more than 45 years, FSL has been caring for Arizonans. Our mission is to provide home and community-based services and develop energy-efficient, affordable housing to promote health, independence, and dignity for all. We do this by providing:
- Safe Home: We develop both single- and multi-family homes, and we manage multi-family affordable housing complexes and residential behavioral Health Therapeutic Home Programs.
- Nutritious Meals: We provide 375,000 pounds of food to families in need from our two food pantries in the rural Arizona towns of Wickenberg and Williams. Additionally, we serve nearly 800 congregate and home-delivered meals to Arizonans each day.
- Health & Wellness: We provide home and community-based services to enhance independence for Arizonans of all ages, including adult day health, Medicare-certified home health, and other non-medical services.
- Education: We educate clients, family and professional caregivers, and members of the community in an effort to empower them to maintain and enhance independence for themselves, their loved ones, and their clients.
Contact us today to see how you can help us make life better for people in your community!
454 East Roeser RoadPhoenix, AZ 85040
February 14, 2023
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6-month commitment on Fridays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Able to obtain an Arizona Food Handlers Card (online training paid for by FSL)