Share your presentation skills! Volunteer as an Ohio Senior Medicare Patrol Presenter today!
ORGANIZATION: VANTAGE Aging Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you a confident public speaker? Do you enjoy presenting to groups? Are you a natural teacher or trainer? Are you a people person who loves interacting with others? This could be for you! Volunteer with Pro Seniors, Inc. and give presentations to groups in the community to educate Medicare beneficiaries and caregivers about Medicare fraud and identity theft to help keep them safe from these crimes. Put your excellent communication skills into action by making presentations to adults, seniors, and diverse populations that range from 5 minutes in length to 60 minutes in length. Follow and use approved Pro Seniors, Inc. materials and scripts to educate audiences at scheduled speaking engagements throughout Cincinnati. Personal transportation is needed to travel to speaking engagements, and mileage reimbursement is available.
Whatever your passion and purpose is, we are here to connect you to local nonprofits. Our program is exclusive to those 55 years+ and residents of Greater Cincinnati.
About VANTAGE Aging Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
644 Linn St., Ste. 620, Cincinnati, OH 45203, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) is an AmeriCorps Senior program with VANTAGE Aging. We connect volunteers age 55 and older with opportunities to serve their community. As the largest volunteer network for older adults in the nation, RSVP matches volunteers with organizations where their time, interest, talents, knowledge, and experience are most effectively utilized to meet important needs in our community. Our main objectives are to help in these fields;
- Nutrition & Food Support
- Elderly Companionship
- Adult Education and Employment
- Other Community Priorities
As a RSVP volunteer, you would receive:
- Nationally counted and recognized volunteer hours
- Additional free liability insurance while volunteering
- Free recognition events, incentives, and opportunities to socialize with other RSVP volunteers
- Free in-person and/or virtual trainings
Multiple locations Cincinnati, OH 45242
October 9, 2023
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer opportunities vary and may include weekday, weekend, daytime, or evening opportunities.
- Volunteers must successfully complete a background check, reference checks, and a 4-hour self-paced online training. Personal transportation is needed to travel to speaking engagements, and mileage reimbursement is available.