Deliver donated food to those who need it most with Last Mile Food Rescue
ORGANIZATION: VANTAGE Aging Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
Become a volunteer with Last Mile Food Rescue. This independent and flexible volunteer opportunity allows volunteers to use an App to sign up for 'rescues' near them and then drop off the donated food at an assigned non-profit agency. Donors include Kroger, UDF, restaurants etc. Volunteers may have to enter facility and some lifting to load their vehicle. Volunteers are expected to complete the rescues in an app, recording quantities of food picked up and any notes needed for reporting.
Rescued food reduces waste and increases food available to the food insecure. In addition to providing a more budget-friendly food option to non-profits rescued food is generally more nutritious than non-perishable food from food drives. Become a food rescuer today!
Our program is exclusive to those 55 years+ and residents of Greater Cincinnati
53 More opportunities with VANTAGE Aging Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
About VANTAGE Aging Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
644 Linn St., Ste. 620, Cincinnati, OH 45203, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) is an AmeriCorps Senior program with VANTAGE Aging. We connect volunteers age 55 and older with opportunities to serve their community. As the largest volunteer network for older adults in the nation, RSVP matches volunteers with organizations where their time, interest, talents, knowledge, and experience are most effectively utilized to meet important needs in our community. Our main objectives are to help in these fields;
- Nutrition & Food Support
- Elderly Companionship
- Adult Education and Employment
- Other Community Priorities
As a RSVP volunteer, you would receive:
- Nationally counted and recognized volunteer hours
- Additional free liability insurance while volunteering
- Free recognition events, incentives, and opportunities to socialize with other RSVP volunteers
- Free in-person and/or virtual trainings
Multiple locations Cincinnati, OH 45242
April 4, 2023
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Rescues take between 45-90 minutes.
- Volunteers need a car, smart phone, and for *some* rescues an ability to lift up to 50lbs.