Skilled Volunteer Strategic Planner (Ages 55+) for PS I Love You
ORGANIZATION: LA WORKS RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
Quick Overview: Help P.S. I Love you develop a strategic plan to improve and grow the efficiency and reach of the organization.
Organization Name: P.S. I Love You Organization
Mission: PS I Love You was founded in 1998, the PS I Love You Foundation is dedicated to the development and implementation of effective Social and Emotional Learning and Resilience Programs to benefit at-risk youth from elementary to high school to instill love for self, others and the surrounding world.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for two experienced executive management people who can help P.S. I Love you with their strategic planning. Each volunteer is matched to a position and will meet with the Executive Director to ensure completion of the project. The pro bono strategic planners we are looking for will have:
* Excellent writing, grammar, and communication skills.
* Develop or update strategic plan for the organization and document methods with tracking best practices
* Generate a report that analyzes the operation of the nonprofit
* Assess current systems and recommend improvement with established best practices
* Ensure all tasks are submitted by the deadline(s)
* Experience in board of directors’ services and non-profits a plus
* Previous experience in strategic planning
* Proven record with developing and implementing a strategic plan
* Working knowledge of MS Office
* Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
* Proficient in writing, communications, or relevant field a plus
Time Commitment: 2-3 hours per week, for at least 3 months.
Physical Requirements: This opportunity is remote
Age requirement: This opportunity is for 55 and older volunteers only
About LA WORKS RSVP
570 W. Ave. 26 Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90065, US
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars: - INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects; - PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and - EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community. The RSVP Program at L.A. Works is a federally funded program free to members, with the mission of mobilizing 55 and older volunteers for a large variety of projects with nonprofits all over Los Angeles. Consider us a one-stop-shop for finding different ways to volunteer and help smaller local nonprofits accomplish their missions.
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars:
- INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects;
- PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and
- EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community.
Tens of thousands of committed volunteers together with thousands of civic, nonprofit, and business partners have enabled L.A. Works to make a significant, visible, and lasting contribution to Los Angeles.
Since 1991, L.A. Works has mobilized and led volunteers to contribute over a million hours to Los Angeles through unique volunteer programming, which has included:
- Serving meals and preparing emergency food provisions for over 425,000 homeless and low-income individuals;
- Providing educational and enrichment activities for over 65,000 disadvantaged youth;
- Revitalizing schools, parks, and community centers for more than 200,000 volunteer hours;
- Offering companionship to seniors and friendship to abused and homeless women for more than 20,000 volunteer hours;
- Conserving, cleaning, and restoring urban and natural environments in and around Los Angeles for more than 75,000 volunteer hours;
- Caring for animals in shelters and sanctuaries at over 1,200 volunteer projects; and
- Training more than 900 Angelenos in the project and volunteer management.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 1, 2022
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Business Analysis
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Time Commitment: 2-3 hours per week, for at least 3 months.
- Age requirement: This opportunity is for 55 and older volunteers only