DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
Aqua Therapy Volunteer Needed!
ORGANIZATION: Children's Therapy Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
The goal of Aqua Therapy at CTC is to help children improve function on land through the application of aquatic therapeutic exercises. In partnership with CTC providers, children and their families work towards goals that will;
- improve overall body strength and endurance needed for greater success and ease with activities of daily living
- increase strength and control in supported positions in the aquatic environment
- increase coordination, strength, endurance, motor planning, and safety awareness in the aquatic environment
- improve self-regulation and decreased impulsivity in order to increase safety in/around the water, comfort in the water, and coordination of whole-body movements
The classes is comprised of:
- 3-4 kids in a session for 3 sessions, 40 minutes
- Age range 3-18
- OT and PT
- As an Aqua Therapy Support Volunteer, you play a vital role in supporting the providers and children so that they can focus on accomplishing their goals and by helping to maintain a safe, positive and supportive environment for children to learn and practice essential skills.
- Interact and support program participants while maintaining a positive attitude
- Assist with set up/ clean up duties such as;
- gathering requested supplies (list and pictures of items will be provided)
- disinfecting materials/equipment (face shields)
- assisting in the sessions by being an extra set of hands, grabbing ad-hock items
- in between sessions, gatherings materials that have floated off into other sections of the pool
- Putting equipment and supplies back in an organized and
- Careful attention to the safety of the client and group surroundings
- Assist in facilitating routines
- Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating, contributing, and reflecting continuously
- Communicate with children, parents, and staff in support of our mission
- Model developmentally appropriate behaviors and provide positive reinforcement, redirection and guidance as needed.
- Other tasks as needed
- Weekly, on Wednesdays at 1:45-5:15 pm 7 weeks
- Address: WaterBabies Aquatic Center
- 17110 116 th Ave. SE, Renton, WA 98058
- Must be comfortable in the water
- Must be able to wear the required face shield while in the pool and face masks while on deck
- Ability to commit to the full shift need for volunteers as specified above
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with youth, an interest in child development, individuals with special needs and developmental delays (preferred but not required)
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of all program participants and their families
- Must be able to support and affirm youth with diverse cultures, racial and ethnic identities, religious beliefs, sexual orientations, and abilities.
- Ability to lift up to 25-30 pounds when necessary (weight of a small child); must be able to engage in sustained physical activity such as swimming, walking, kneeling, and lifting.
- Must be at least 16, and if a minor, signed consent of parent/guardian is required
- Consent to DHSH background check
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine.
- Follow all state mandated COVID-19 measures, CTC Pandemic Operations Policies & Procedures, Volunteer Policies
- Participate in orientation and training
- Learn about and have exposure to equipment, materials, and strategies used in pediatric therapy services
- Observe discipline specific 1:1 therapy sessions if desired (virtual or in-person
- Receive volunteer service verification letter
- Become a valued member of a diverse and committed team
- Volunteer Coordinator
- OT and PT providers
This is an unpaid, volunteer position
Children’s Therapy Center seeks to reflect the diversity of our communities. We believe every employee, volunteer and guest/visitor has the right to be free from unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, Children’s Therapy Center provides all employees, volunteers and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the relationship
More opportunities with Children's Therapy Center2 Reviews
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Children's Therapy Center
10811 Kent Kangley Rd., Kent, WA 98031, US
At Children’s Therapy Center, we are on a mission to maximize the potential of children with special needs. We provide individualized, family-centered therapy including early intervention services, early childhood special education, physical, occupational and speech therapy. In partnership with parents and caregivers, we celebrate where each child is today and work toward who they can become.
In 1979, three therapists passionately devoted to serving children with special needs came together to form Children’s Therapy Center. What started as a small program based in the waiting room of a doctor’s office has grown to become the most comprehensive nonprofit pediatric therapy center in Washington, serving over 3,000 children every year.
From the beginning, our goal has been to provide quality therapeutic services designed to empower children with special needs and their families. Our founders - Sue Hudson, Nancy Hylton and Gay Lloyd Pinder - created a program of quality, individualized physical, occupational, and speech therapy, with a strong emphasis on parent involvement.
Our goal is to help every child achieve maximum independence so they can experience the same opportunities and quality of life as other children. Our approach has always been family-focused. It is ultimately through the efforts of parents and other caregivers that a child is able to reach their full potential.
17110 116th Avenue SoutheastRenton, WA 98058
February 23, 2023
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Water Recreation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly, on Wednesdays at 1:45-5:15 pm, for 7 weeks
- Proof of Covid 19 Vaccination