Development Director *now hiring*
ORGANIZATION: COVERED COLORADO
Please visit the new page to apply.
Covered Development Director
Position Type: Part-Time (30 hours)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Report: Executive Director
Hourly Wage: $20 an hour, 30 hours a weekPosition The Development Director is the primary staff that oversees the Fundraising Strategy. This position will be working closely with the Executive Director to raise funds and develop corporations, churches, and donors. They will oversee teams of volunteers to help carry out the work. Responsibilities
Donors (Individual, Church, Corporations) (50%)
- Work with Executive Director to create and foster development strategy
- Build new donor relationships while maintaining ongoing ones.
- Write Corporate Grants and develop relationships with Corporations.
- Develop relationships with Churches.
- Work with event team in coordinating annual fundraising events.
- Be present at Covered Fundraising Events (2-3 a year)
- Work with Operations Director to recruit and train booth volunteers for conferences and events.
- Be available to connect with potential donors at the Covered booth at scheduled conferences and events.
- Fill out grants within Covered Grant Strategy
- Communicate with organization/foundations and update accordingly
- 2+ years of experience (volunteer or paid) in non-profit development.
- Must be local to the Denver Metro area
- In agreement with Covered’s Values, Mission, and Vision
- Humble, credible, trustworthy, teachable and a self-starter
- Strong social and verbal skills that enable him/her to be an effective and creative communicator.
This position will be completed in 30 hours per week. This position will occasionally include evening and weekend hours. Position may work some remote hours but must also be available to schedule face to face meetings with donors, corporations, and churches unless scheduled over zoom. Must attend weekly Staff Meetings (Tues 9-10:30) and Monthly Development Meeting (2 nd Wednesday morning of the month) in person.
About COVERED COLORADO
PO BOX 462393, AURORA, CO 80046, US
MISSION STATEMENT Our goal at Covered is to Empower each sex trafficking survivor with the hope that leads to physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing. VISION STATEMENT Covered’s vision is to see survivors of sex trafficking and exploitation recover from the abuse and trauma of trafficking. Our goal is also to bring awareness of trafficking in the Denver Metro Area and work with local law enforcement, the court system, and task forces to eradicate sex trafficking in Colorado.
Covered works with survivors over 18 years old, assisting them and their children with a chance to change their lives for the better. We know more than anything that these victims need love and positive direction. After such a traumatizing experience, their brain functions are not the same and they need help to change the behaviors their minds have been manipulated with and assistance to make decisions on their own. We offer a healthy community full of caring coaches that have been trained to help with these unique needs, teaching and often re-teaching life skills that can help these survivors obtain jobs, making them self-sufficient and empowered to break the bondage they’ve been held by for so long.
We believe if we can help survivors change their course, we can transform the sex trafficking industry by helping victims realize they can take back their independence.
PO Box 462393Denver Metro AreaAurora, CO 80046
June 16, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 30 hours a week
- Submit a Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com. Must have development or nonprofit experience and be local to the Denver Metro area.