Development & Special Events
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The GO Project
GO Project is seeking an undergraduate, graduate student, or community member to participate in a part-time volunteer opportunity to assist with our Fall Cocktail Party planning from July to November 2022. This volunteer will report to and work closely with the Director of Individual Giving & Events and GO Project’s development team. This position will primarily work remotely with an option for in-person work closer to the Fall Cocktail Party.
About GO Project:
The GO Project levels the playing field for under-resourced and low-income public school students in New York City who are performing below grade level at the earliest stages of development. For more than five decades, GO has equipped thousands of children with the confidence and skills needed to make academic gains, perform at or above grade level, enroll in high-performing middle and high schools, graduate on time, and achieve college success.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in the planning of GO Project's annual Fall Cocktail Party, October 27th at The Bowery
- Solicit items for the Cocktail Party's silent auction and maintain an organized database for items once received
- Research prospective corporate Sponsors
- Provide administrative support and perform other duties as assigned
- Previous event planning and fundraising experience a plus, not a must
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, google suite, and strong internet skills required
- Familiarity with databases such as Raiser's Edge a plus, not a must
Interested candidates should send their resume to Lindsay Mitcher, Director of Individual Giving & Events at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, thank you!
The GO Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The GO Project is committed to building and supporting a diverse staff, and is invested in fostering leadership from historically marginalized communities.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
New York, NY 10003
June 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK