12 people are interested
Become a Hospice Companionship Volunteer in Pinole
ORGANIZATION: Continuum Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Hospice volunteering will give you an opportunity to truly make a difference in another's life. Your smile, your listening, your attention, and your compassionate presence will bring the important gift of connection and affirmation to someone in their last phase of life.
You will receive an orientation to hospice concepts as well as training for your patient visit, and you will be well-supported and greatly appreciated by Patients, their families, and the entire hospice team.
Please contact us for more information. We look forward to talking with you!
What are some of the things Volunteers can do for Patients?
- Have a friendly visit
- Read a book or a passage out loud
- Play cards or a game
- Walk their dog
- Play recorded music from a device
- Play a musical instrument
- Share or view photos
- Knit or scrapbook
- Help with equine horse therapy sessions
- Take a walk with them
- Sit outdoors with them on a patio
- Run errands
- Light housekeeping
- Accompany them to community activities
- Outdoor chores
- Help them write legacy letters, emails, and cards
- Have a beautiful conversation
- Sit with them in compassionate and therapeutic silence
- Volunteer your licensed services: haircut, manicure, massage, reiki, alternative therapies, etc.
- Go on hikes with a patient's family members -- coordinated by our bereavement team
- Bring along your licensed pet therapy animal
- Provide respite care for the family or a caregiver who may need an hour or two break
- Sit vigil with a patient
- Give the gift of your heart and your time
I'm looking forward to chatting with you soon! Apply by clicking the link below.
Hospice Volunteers Needed! in Concord, California | Careers at Continuum Hospice (68) (icims.com)
10 More opportunities with Continuum Hospice
About Continuum Hospice
1001 Galaxy Way Ste 206, Concord, CA 94520, US
Continuum Care Hospice’s mission is to provide the terminally ill patient and their loved ones with the support and care they require to live their lives comfortably. Our goal is to provide physical, emotional, and spiritual comfort. We believe that Hospice care should be available to any and all persons with an illness for which there is no cure or for persons who elect not to attempt a cure, resulting in a limited life expectancy.
Volunteering with Continuum Care Hospice offers you the opportunity to belong to a volunteer fellowship, benefit your well-being and do satisfying work to provide compassionate care to others. You will be a vital and valued member of our team.
2850 Estates AvenuePinole, CA 94564
May 16, 2023
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week and up