Advanced Manufacturing Assistant/ Front Desk
ORGANIZATION: A-B Tech Community College
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Advanced Manufacturing Center (AMC) is the Economic and Workforce Development Department's central hub of activity. We offer continuing education classes for students who are seeking short-term training. We offer companies and their employees customized training to strengthen the skills of the workforce.
The AMC Assistant volunteer position will support the AMC faculty and staff. The department will provide volunteer training to prepare them to assist the students, staff, and faculty.
- Front Desk
- Assist training participants/students as needed in classes, with instructor supervision, to complete specific class projects (i.e., during layup, work with GE molds, precision measurement tools, and using ply cutter).
- Assist office staff with administrative tasks: registering students, filing, labeling, scanning, copying, reviewing marketing materials, answering phones, staffing the front desk, etc.
- An application, background check and orientation/brief training are required before starting this position.
- Must be able to commute to A-B Tech in Asheville NC. This position is in-person.
- Able to work a shifts Monday - Friday from 9 to 5 on scheduled school days.
- Times will vary in the Summer and the college is closed for school holidays, breaks and between semesters.
- Communication - verbal and written
- Technology - use of computers, email, MS Office
- Able to support instructors with equipment specific to classes
- Comfortable and appropriate attire is required.
- Room temperatures are variable - please dress accordingly.
- Closed toed shoes and safety clothes (long pants, safety glasses etc.) may be required
- Advanced Manufacturing Center - Maples Building, A-B Tech, 41 Fernihurst Dr., (off Victoria Rd) Asheville NC 28801
Health and Safety:
- For current COVID-19 guidelines visit https://abtech.edu/COVID
Founded in 1959 in the heart of Asheville, A-B Tech is the largest higher education institution in Western North Carolina, serving approximately 23,000 students a year in Buncombe and Madison counties. One of 58 community colleges in the NC Community College System, A-B Tech offers 190 degrees, diplomas, and certificates, as well as a wide range of workforce training and continuing education programs. A-B Tech includes the main Asheville campus, A-B Tech Enka (home of the A-B Tech Small Business Center and Business Incubation Program, Craft Beverage Institute of the Southeast and N.C. BioNetwork), A-B Tech Madison, A-B Tech Woodfin, the Goodwill Center and the ABCCM Transformation Village in West Asheville, and a future location at Biltmore Park West. Learn more at abtech.edu. To learn more about our volunteering program visit www.abtech.edu/volunteer.
5 More opportunities with A-B Tech Community College
About A-B Tech Community College
340 Victoria Road, Asheville, NC 28801, US
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College inspires, nurtures, and empowers students and the community toward a better quality of life through progressive teaching, bold innovation, and supportive collaboration.
Volunteers are a vital part of achieving our mission of student success while delivering quality education to enhance academic, workforce, and personal development. Volunteers from all backgrounds serve in various capacities across all our campuses, from administrative support to tutoring.
Learn more about A-B Tech at https://abtech.edu/
A-B Tech Community College (Maples Building)340 Victoria Rd.Asheville, NC 28801
April 3, 2023
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Mechanical Engineering
- Adult Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Monday - Friday working 2-4 hrs at a time
- A-B Tech is excited to welcome dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers to its campus to support, mentor and tutor students.