33 people are interested
988 Crisis Call Center - AmeriCorps Member *REMOTE*
Please visit the new page to apply.
33 people are interested
Healthy Minds Alliance is a community-based approach to the mental health crisis utilizing evidenced-based/ informed programs in diverse communities across the nation.
AmeriCorps Members will provide expanded support to meet challenges faced by local crisis call centers across the country as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline shifts to the 3 digit number 988.
Identified Programs: AmeriCorps Members are trained in the mental health intervention identified by the local crisis call center.
- Participate in designated mental health evidence-based/ informed training
- Provide support in answering calls/ texts/ chats that come into local crisis call centers
- Build capacity to recruit other volunteers for the crisis call center
- Assist with onboarding and training of other volunteers
- Outreach to local community to educate on 988
- Market program through press releases, social media and informational sessions
- Provide performance measure data to Health360
- Assist with evaluation, building evidence around services provided
- Establish and foster relationships with community mental health agencies as partners and resources
- Serve as a resource to course participants on an ongoing basis
- Respect the privacy of colleagues and others, including the responsibility to protect personal information
- Advocate for mental health awareness whenever possible
- Grant writing to support mental health focused activities
- Participate in AmeriCorps large service project
- Participate in monthly calls held nationally by Health360
- Assist host site with ongoing mental health community initiatives and regional events
- Personal and/ or professional knowledge of mental health topics
- Understanding of mental health issues and resources
- Knowledge about mental health resources in her/his community and state
- Positive attitudes towards individuals with mental illnesses
- Enthusiasm for reducing the stigma and discrimination associated with mental illness and addiction disorders
- Complete a 10-month service commitment, specific dates will be determined by the host site supervisor*
- Full-time AmeriCorps position - 1700 service hours - 40 hours per week, 5 holidays, 2.5 personal days
- AmeriCorps members receive a $18,000 stipend for their service - paid biweekly = 22 checks
- $6,345 Education Award upon completion of service commitment (1700 service hours)
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
Please submit a resume to Jackie Nickolas (email@example.com) for immediate interviews!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
83 Prospect Street, Waterbury, CT 06702, US
To improve health equity in our nation’s communities through innovative partnership-based initiatives in education, service, and leadership development.
We meet our mission through diverse educational programs that improve the health of vulnerable populations with a focus on social determinants of health, culturally competent care and interprofessional practice. The bedrock of Health360’s success is the diversity of the organizations we partner with to tackle local healthcare needs in communities nationwide.
Health360 hosts several AmeriCorps National Service Programs that take a community-based approach to our nation’s physical and mental health crisis. AmeriCorps members are deployed in communities across the nation implementing evidence-based programs that tackle health disparities in underserved communities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 15, 2022
- Crisis Intervention
- Crisis Counseling
- Community Outreach
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- This is a full time AmeriCorps member service opportunity that requires a 40 hours per week, 10-month service commitment.
- AmeriCorps members will be trained in the appropriate mental health intervention to provide the skills they need to serve with crisis call centers.