Become a Board Member at SCRAP!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: SCRAP
Join the SCRAP Board of Directors!
Are you looking to leverage your skillsets and grow your positive impact on our Bay Area community? If so, we invite you to apply to join the Board of Directors of SCRAP by emailing your resume and a brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 1976, SCRAP has diverted 200+ tons of materials each year from landfills, while providing free arts education classes and supplies to children and youth in San Francisco. At the intersection of the environment, art, and education, SCRAP offers free and low-cost programs to teachers, students, families, and the community teaching environmental stewardship through creative reuse art projects.
Each Year, We Serve thousands of teachers, artists, nonprofits, parents, students and all community members in the San Francisco Bay Area. We have developed deep and impactful partnerships with local Bayview and Mission nonprofits to provide free weekly arts education programs to youth in need of a reliable creative outlet, including a new sustainable fashion program for high school students.
Where you come in: Our Board is an energized group of passionate community members dedicated to SCRAP’s mission, impact, and long-term sustainability. SCRAP is growing, and we invite you to consider joining us on our Board of Directors as we scale our programs and impact!
Board Member Responsibilities
- Attend our 2-hour board meetings six times per year
- Serve on one of our Board Committees (Development, Programs, Governance) which meet for 1hr on the off months, including some volunteer time on projects between meetings.
- Bring at least 5 friends or colleagues to SCRAP events, workshops, or other engagement opportunities each year
- Donate or fundraise at least $500 for the organization each year
- Act as an ambassador for the organization, spreading the word on SCRAP’s impact.
- Serve as an organizational leader by supporting strategic planning, providing fiscal oversight of finances and budget, and helping to raise funds to ensure SCRAP’s long-term sustainability.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
801 Toland StreetSan Francisco, CA 94124
June 14, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH