Donor Database Optimizer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Oaks Academy
The Oaks Academy engages over 600 donors and stakeholders who provide educational scholarships for students who face economic challenges. This VISTA member will help to build capacity by serving with a fun, experienced, and mission-driven advancement team to optimize our newly-adopted CRM (customer relationship management) system to ensure that stakeholder data is accurate and can be used effectively for reporting, outreach, and communications. This work will not only lead to scholarships for more students, but will also ensure that donors are engaged and encouraged to continue their philanthropic efforts. Ideal VISTA candidates would have an interest in gaining valuable experience at a growing, mission-driven organization.
About AmeriCorps VISTA
Since 1965, the AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America) program’s mission has been to strengthen organizations that alleviate poverty through volunteering and the mobilization of resources. The purpose of the VISTA program at The Oaks is to effectively serve families in poverty. Known as the "Domestic Peace Corps," VISTA offers citizens the opportunity to serve nonprofit organizations while gaining valuable on-the-job skills and experience. VISTA Program employment requires a full-time commitment (40 hours per week) for 12 months.
About The Oaks Academy
The Oaks is a Pre-K through 8th-grade Christ-centered* school with three campuses in Indianapolis, close to the Monon Trail, multiple city parks, and vibrant downtown communities. The Oaks serves an intentionally diverse student body - both racially and socioeconomically. Approximately 50 percent of students are white and 50 percent of students are people of color. Fifty percent of the 973 students live in low-income households, and The Oaks provides them with over $3 million in need-based scholarships. This commitment to creating a balanced mixed-race and mixed-income community since the beginning is a model that research has shown to benefit all.
* There is no religious affiliation required of participants in the AmeriCorps VISTA program and no political activity is allowed due to the program’s affiliation with the federal government.
VISTA Program Benefits
- VISTA Living Allowance: ~ $1,150 per month
- VISTA Health Benefit Program
- VISTA Training: Pre-Service Orientation, On-site Orientation
- Relocation Assistance (~$750 if moving more than 50 miles)
- Leave of Absence: 10 personal, 10 medical days off
- Life Insurance, if requested
- Public Assistance, if eligible
- End of Service Benefits (Pending successful completion of 12-month service)
- ~ $6,500 Education Award & Federal Student Loan Forbearance OR $1,800 Cash Stipend
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for Federal Agency Employment
- Time off for observed holidays
- Networking opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
- Connect with other VISTA members at The Oaks and throughout Indianapolis
- Work alongside like-minded individuals
Learn more and apply at TheOaksAcademy.org/VISTA
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1301 East 16th StreetIndianapolis, IN 46202
June 14, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME