68 people are interested
Technology Administrator - Volunteer with Salesforce Experience
ORGANIZATION: African Library Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
68 people are interested
Technical Specialist (quasi Salesforce Administrator)
The Technical Specialist will work closely with ALP staff members and the Operations Committee supporting Container Managers, Country Liaisons, and the Operations Chair. An ideal candidate will have the ability to routinely check-in to respond to any urgent needs that may come about within our platforms' systems. Experience within Salesforce, payment processors, and other technical acuity is highly recommended.
- Running ALP Document Factory (ADF), updating as needed, adding formulas, documenting use and delivering Mailing Labels, Packing Slips, and Certificates to the ALP Drop Box for Container Managers. The ALP Document Factory is an app developed to run on Mac computers that uses data in the Book Drive Master.
- Teaching use of ADF for Container Managers who want to use it and have Macs.
- Maintaining archive of ADF software and templates kept in ALP Drop Box
- Developed ADF (Xcode Applescript on Mac)
Platform Administration (Salesforce, FormAssembly, PayPal & Zapier)
- Documenting procedures
- Carry out updates and decode error reports to resolve problems.
- Support for Operations Committee, Country Liaisons and staff (Trouble shooting, non-standard cases using Salesforce, Teaching/Coaching)
- Perform maintenance and modifying tasks as needed (Duplicate modifications-underlying problems, duplicate detectors-to match our record structure, access privileges-to protect registration process, setting up Multi-Factor Authentication, bot filtering)
- Administer, design and maintain reports in Salesforce (Final Report, Donation Reports, Lifetime ALP output reports, annual report, and one off reports as needed)
- Preform record cleaning in Salesforce (Duplicate merging, Donation record problems ( mainly no primary contact), Historical book drives)
- Preform onboarding, training and documentation for new Container Managers or Program Managers as needed.
- Respond on timely basis to Google Moderators Spam Report
- Maintain ALP Statistics - assist with updating statistics
Time Commitment: regular daily check-ins making up 80 - 120 minutes/week
About African Library Project
19 Mantua Road, Mt. Royal, NJ 08061, US
The African Library Project changes lives book by book, together with partners in Africa and North American volunteers, to create, improve, and sustain libraries in African communities.
African Library Project is dedicated to expanding opportunities by creating spaces that nurture literacy. We create and improve small libraries in African communities that have had limited access to literary materials. Since 2005, our organization as has established over 3,400 libraries in schools and communities across 13 African countries. That's over 3.6 million books! We are a growing non-profit guided by values of partnership, involvement and sustainability. We currently work in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Sierra Leone, South Africa and Uganda. African Library Project is proud to partner with outstanding organizations and individuals who are dedicated to promoting literacy and library development in Africa. In the United States and Canada, volunteers organize book drives and raise funds to ship the books overseas. Once those books are gathered and mailed, African Library Project relies on a network of dedicated partners within Africa to get them to each community - no matter how far. In addition to selecting and vetting each library recipient, our trusted partners provide training on how to set up and run a library in a rural community. Together, we evaluate the use of our libraries, measure our impact and share in developing best practices. The African Library Project’s goal is to make sure our libraries remain active and continue to enrich those who need them the most. Learn more about us at: www.AfricanLibraryProject.org.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 18, 2023
- IT Management
- IT Consulting
- People 55+
- Regular daily check-ins making up 80 - 120 minutes/week
- Submit your resume for consideration.