2 people are interested
Disaster Mental Health (Hillsborough County)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Central Florida & USVI
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Disaster Mental Health Services
This position supports the Regional Disaster department. The purpose of this position is to provide Disaster Mental Health (DMH) services to clients and Red Cross workers during preparedness, response, and recovery within a chapter/region.
- Provide Disaster Mental Health interventions to clients impacted by a disaster.
- Participate in relevant meetings and activities as a member of the Disaster Mental Health chapter team.
- Participate in preparedness efforts, such as the Home Fire Campaign or community disaster education.
- Help facilitate long-term recovery for clients impacted by disaster.
- Assist the chapter in developing partnerships with local mental health agencies.
- Support other disaster responders before, during and after disaster response using staff mental health strategies.
- Varies depending on regional projects and priorities
In the event of disasters:
- Regional responses: Shift work is determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days.
- Beyond Regional responses: 12-14-hour days for extended periods depending on the distance. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities.
- Currently Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Current School Phycologists and School Counselors
- Current Psychiatric Nurses
- Retired Mental Health Professionals
Interested in becoming a Disaster Mental Health Team Volunteer?
COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK TO START YOUR VOLUNTEER PROFILE:
About American Red Cross - Central Florida & USVI
3310 W Main Street, Tampa, FL 33607, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands affected by disaster, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Tampa, FL 33607
June 12, 2022
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Time and length of commitment will vary by operation and volunteer availability