12 people are interested
Social Media Ambassador
ORGANIZATION: Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Social Ambassadors use their personal accounts on social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) to help spread the word about Wayne Metro events, programs, and content. When you volunteer to become a Social Ambassador, you will receive ready-to-share social media posts in your inbox a few times each month and it is up to you which content to share with your networks.
- Participate in Wayne Metro Volunteer Orientation
- choose which posts to share, you are encouraged to share content to eitherFacebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn at least once every month
- You also have the option to edit or modify the wording of a post to better match your own voice prior to sharing it to your networks
LOCATION: Remote (You may do anywhere!)
TRAINING: One time the 20 minute Volunteer Orientation plus review Social Ambassador Guidelines
- Learn about community resources for income support and other basic needs
- Have fun and feel good while helping others
2 More opportunities with Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency2 Reviews
About Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency
7310 Woodward Ave Suite 800, Detroit, MI 48202, US
Guided by our belief that no one should live in poverty, Wayne Metro empowers people and communities to be strong, healthy and thriving. We envision communities where all people have hope and opportunities to realize their full potential.
Wayne Metro Community Action Agency (Wayne Metro) provides services to help people achieve their goals for Healthy Homes, Upward Mobility, and Family Success. Key to this work is our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to ensure our staff and systems our accessible and welcoming to all people.
Annual Agency Impact
- 4,153 participants increase their financial capabilities through workshops, coaching
- 2,021 participants receive free tax preparation
- 794 children improve their Kindergarten readiness through early childhood education
- 610 youth improve academic progress through youth empowerment programs
- 873 households who are at-rick of homelessness maintain housing
- 2,701 households improve home energy efficiency through home repairs
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- 15 small Detroit-based organizations assisted with the Detroit Residents First Fund that works to elevate the voices of local Detroiters
Over the last four decades, the Agency’s budget has grown from $100,000 to over $100 million while continuing to maintain a low administrative rate (8%) that allows $.92 of every funded or donated dollar to be utilized for direct client services.
Multiple locations Detroit, MI 48208
May 10, 2023
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1/2 HOUR PER MONTH + one time 20 minute virtual Wayne Metro Volunteer Orientation, which can be scheduled any weekday, along with Social Ambassador Guidelines + 15-30 minutes doing volunteer job duties
- • have a personal LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook account