5 people are interested
Passionate about health or education for children - Be our new PRESIDENT!
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Title : President
Summary : Box for Health is looking for a volunteer, 10-20 hours per week, with a passion for health education for children to lead the team, plan for a healthier future, and be our new president! BoxforHealth.org
Possible duties :
- Lead the organization in strategic planning, in consultation with the Director of the Board, setting both short- and long-term goals to ensure the organization is mission-centered and outcome-oriented.
- Tracking organizational progress and evaluating the completion of established goals. As needed conduct a full assessment of organizational needs, review financial statements, and dig deeper into community needs.
- Communication with the board of directors, including quarterly presentations and an annual report.
- Expand fundraising efforts by meeting with individual donors, seeking the support of corporate sponsorship, and tapping organizational constituents for individual donations.
- Hiring, training, and supervising volunteers and staff for the six departments listed below. Provide guidance and support to the team.
- Education - responsible for creating and improving the health curriculum and educational tools.
- Research - responsible for reviewing all aspects of the company by performing high-quality research both qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Enterprise - responsible for the management of finances, accounting, shipping, and logistics.
- Development - responsible for grant management, and sponsors, donors, and partnerships.
- Brand Awareness - responsible for the public perception of the company including the website, social media, public relations, campaigns, videos, and graphics.
- People Operations - responsible for hiring, onboarding, professional development, and evaluation of employees.
The ideal candidate for this role embraces servant-leadership as well as a thoughtful approach to day-to-day operational management, strategic planning, and organizational leadership. Qualified candidate should bring:
- A positive attitude even when faced with low resources
- At least seven years of prior executive experience as a successful leader of a related nonprofit organization and/or organization
- A proven track record of growing organizational capacity and programmatic impact
- A strong passion for the mission and programs of Box for Health
- Proven abilities and experience in fiscal management and preparing and securing Board approval for a budget
- Passion for creative program creation and organizational funding growth
- Ability to review current organizational programs/structures and make recommendations that empower programmatic refinements
- Capacity to excel at influencing and leading an organization towards positive growth
- Capable of designing and directing strategies that enhance and support organizational operations
- Knowledge of how to foster an environment of accountability, healthy work relationships and partnerships, and inclusivity among organizational staff in order to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment
- Experience in creating and establishing clear, measurable business goals
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work well with volunteers, staff, media, and the community
- Understanding of the realm of North Africa and Southwest Asia cultures, especially Lebanese and Pakistani cultural competency.
This position requires 10-20 hours of work per week. This is a volunteer position. At this time there is no compensation for this position.
More Information on Box for Health :
All kids deserve a healthy childhood - we can all agree on that. Education and promotion of healthy living is a way to prevent problems before they strike at low cost and with maximum impact. We developed an in-school curriculum that can impact lives in a powerful way. As health professionals and public health experts, we know that change starts with education and is accelerated by resources. We also realize the importance of maintaining an eco-friendly and green initiative to avoid unintended consequences that harm our planet in the long run. For all these reasons and more, We at Box for Health teach children life-saving health education, using the most sustainable methods and products possible. Visit BoxforHealth.org for more information.
Please send a resume and email discussing why you are a great fit for Box for Health to email@example.com .
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
231 HARRISON AVE APT 12, BOSTON, MA 02111, US
Box for Health was founded with the ambitious task of transforming Health Education and Hygiene practices in low-middle income nations using eco-friendly and sustainable methods. We provide you with an aesthetic, eco-friendly repertoire with 100% of proceeds going to the non-profit cause of health equity in children. Please view our selection below!
Originally, we wanted to treat cavities in children in low-middle income countries. There is nothing more powerful than a child’s smile. But then we realized: treating cavities means the children are already infected. We wanted to address the problem at its source.
Several studies show the value in hygiene education in terms of increasing healthy and productive lives - we wanted to bring an innovative, evidence-based AND sustainable model that we can use to achieve worldwide health equity.
As dentists in training, we were first focused on cavities and oral health. Cavities are not genetic - they are preventable! We wanted to focus on education to prevent the disease before it attacks! As we developed our models and collaborated with colleagues from every specialty, we realized oral health was not the only problem: Low-Middle Income countries often have communicable diseases as a leading cause of morbidity and mortality!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 10, 2022
- Business Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- up to 20 hours per week
- Seven years of prior executive experience as a successful leader of a related nonprofit organization and/or organization