5 people are interested
Compassionate Contact Volunteer: Veterans Assistance
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
This position supports the Regional Service to the Armed Forces department. This is a 100% virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity.
This is a community-based assignment where the volunteer will utilize a quiet, private area to provide weekly virtual conversations (using phone, tablet, computer) with homebound Veterans or inpatients who are seeking to make a connection outside of their current environment and/or to provide support and communication to the Veteran’s caregiver. Volunteers will be trained and matched with veterans for 1:1 socialization. These are friendly visits with no medical or home-care duties.
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually
- Comfortable having conversations virtually using platforms such as Zoom, Facetime, etc. or by phone
- Sensitive to the needs of Veterans/Caregivers in stressful situations
- Empathetic and compassionate listener
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality as mandated by HIPAA
- Must be willing to communicate regularly with the local Compassionate Contact Corps Coordinator
- Good people skills, excellent communication/listening skills
- Excellent phone proficiency such as a clear voice, good listening skills and compassion
- Emotionally mature, positive and service-oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Volunteer to provide own means (phone/computer) of communication
Must be over the age of 18
23 More opportunities with American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region1 Review
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Oahu-CentralMililani, HI 96789
May 3, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible- Approx. 3hrs/week