Military Briefing Presenter
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Inform and educate Red Cross partners, military members and their families by conducting briefings at a variety of community venues.
- Support the Red Cross mission
- Deliver information about Red Cross programs and services
- Answer questions in public forums (deployment briefings; Family Readiness meetings; Welcome briefings) and in "face-to-face" format such as community and deployment fairs, with audience size varying from small to very large numbers.
- Provide appropriate referrals
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities.
- Willing and able to support the Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) mission and have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
- Ability to communicate effectively in a public setting; enjoys public speaking
- Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
- Ability to interact effectively with culturally diverse audiences
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Power Point preferred
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to schedule changes
- Knowledge of Red Cross policy
- Knowledge of military and community resources
- Must have base access
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- SAF Military 101
- SAF Overview
- Introduction to SAF Casework (recommended)
- Public speaking - such as Toast Masters (optional)
- On the job training
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Oahu-CentralMililani, HI 96789
July 17, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Veteran Care
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, with scheduled commitment