Veteran to Veteran Volunteer Opportunities
ORGANIZATION: Crossroads Hospice- NEO
Please visit the new page to apply.
Crossroads Hospice and Palliative Care is searching for Veterans to visit with hospice patients who have also served our country. Veterans are in a unique position to offer support to fellow Veterans who are navigating their end-of-life journey since no one understands military service, and the experiences that go along with it, like a fellow Veteran. In addition to one-on-one visits for companionship, we also encourage volunteers to assist with our Veteran Recognition Ceremonies, paying tribute to our Veterans and the sacrifices they made.
We care for patients all over Northeast Ohio, going to wherever they call home (private house/apartment, nursing home, assisted living facility). We strive to keep our volunteers within a 15 minute drive from the patients they visit - so they can volunteer right in their local community. No experience is necessary; volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
Please consider sharing this volunteer opportunity with Veterans (I’ve included a flyer for you to share). Let me know if you have any questions or would like more information about opportunities with Crossroads Hospice.
About Crossroads Hospice- NEO
3743 Boettler Oaks Drive, Suite E, Green, OH 44685, US
Crossroads is committed to being at the forefront of the hospice care industry, to continually shape the way palliative and hospice care are viewed and administered...so that everyone can expect more. The Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care brand promise: *Crossroads offers more to elevate the end-of-life experience in very unique ways. *Expect highly attentive, hands-on care. We are always there for you before, during and after the need for palliative and hospice care.
We ask our patients to "Expect More" from us with one-of-a-kind programs like:
- Gift of a Day: Patients are asked, "If you had one day to live, what would you want it to look like?" Our staff, volunteers, and local businesses work together to bring these heart-warming "Gifts" to life.
- Evenmore Care: We have lower-than-average patient-to-staff ratio that allow us to see patients virtually every day. More patient contact means we can identify an increased or sudden decline and initiate our Watch Program
- Watch Program: Patients are closely monitored through multiple daily visits to better recognize when passing may be imminent, at which point we exhaust every effort to be by their side.
- Veteran Program: Honoring patients who served in the military to protect our country. Staff and Volunteers are educated and trained in caring for veterans at the end-of-life.
- Grief Recovery Program: A special 12 week program, led by our bereavement counselors, helps participants effectively cope with the pain caused by loss
- Same day admissions, we do the work for you!
- Staffed with our own employees 24/7
- Attended deaths are consistently well above national average
- DNR status not required to receive care
3743 Boettler Oaks Dr Ste EUniontown, OH 44685
June 10, 2022
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training