1 person is interested
Health and Safety Coordinator Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Northside STEM District
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Create a safe environment for youth and volunteers to learn about STEM!
The Healthy and Safety Coordinator assists with clean-up after students complete a STEM activity. This allows students and volunteers to focus on target STEM concepts.
Health and Safety Coordinator Tasks:
- Cleans up and wipes down tables after each event activity
- Support with activity/event transition clean up
- Sets up and replenishes materials for activities
- Provides hand sanitizer and/or face masks to event participants
- Assists Spark-Y and Northside STEM with event clean-up after the event ends
- Engages with students when able
STEM Saturdays are monthly learning events that feature hands-on activities to get K-8 th grade youth excited about science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Northside STEM depends on volunteers to support event registration, hands-on activities, and more. All Volunteers will receive training, an event t-shirt, and boxed lunch in exchange for their time. Our partnership with volunteers ensures that youth will enjoy an accessible, enriching learning experience.Join us to build a strong, diverse pipeline of STEM leaders and innovators within the North Minneapolis ecosystem! Please visit our POINT page to see current opportunities and learn more: https://pointapp.org/orgs/1717
10:30 AM to 02:00 PM
First Saturday of the Month, during February-November. Volunteers will receive training before the event begins at 11am.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
2 More opportunities with Northside STEM District
About Northside STEM District
935 Olson Memorial Hwy, Minneapolis, MN 55405, US
We empower students of color by providing hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) programs, activities and education that inspire and prepare them to be workers of today, tomorrow and the future.
The Northside STEM District is the pre-K-12th grade youth division of Summit Academy OIC. Northside STEM provides hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) programs, activities and events for children and families within North Minneapolis and surrounding communities.
At Northside STEM, we embed a three-layered model of STEM instruction and mentorship. This model is designed to inspire youth and introduce them to the possibilities of STEM-based learning and careers.
Volunteers are an essential component to the success of our programs. Volunteers work together to support STEM FEST and STEM Saturdays, helping to spark the curiosity of young learners as they work on STEM projects.
Together, we're building a pipeline for strong, diverse leaders in STEM!
Multiple locations Minneapolis, MN 55405
April 17, 2023
- Event Management
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers assist on an as-needed basis. To sign up for a shift, Volunteers must sign up prior using the POINT platform.
- All Northside STEM Volunteers age 18 and over are subjected to a background check. Northside STEM requests written consent before conducting a background check.