Community Resource Specialist VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Catholic Charities Community Services, Arch of NY
This VISTA position is a part of Catholic Charities USA’s Family Strengthening Program, a national intermediary project. The VISTA in this program will support Catholic Charities staff with providing essential human and social services to families through their work with volunteers and other community partners with the goal of assisting newcomers in their journey to financial and community self-sufficiency. Catholic Charities Community Services, Archdiocese of New York (CCCS) provides assistance to newly arrived families from diverse backgrounds who are resettling in the New York City area through case management, employment-based, and educational services. CCCS staff use a network of interns, volunteers, and community partnerships to address needs that families may have, including access benefits, prepare refugees for jobs, resume development, and acquire basic needs, such as organizing clothing and supplies drives. Through this position, the AmeriCorps VISTA Member will have a unique opportunity to grow capacity through volunteer recruitment and management, partnership building, and community engagement. They will be able to partake in strategic planning for recruitment and will create and maintain tools to enable sustainability within volunteer recruitment and engagement, and community partnerships. The VISTA member will support different sectors of the department, represent CCCS at events, contribute to creating media content, and spread awareness of the programs and goals of the department.
· Implement effective volunteer management strategies to impact volunteer and intern recruitment, onboarding, training, and retention.
· Utilize best practices in volunteer recruitment and management to organize the volunteer and internship program within the department. Best practices include relationship cultivation, volunteer recognition, engaging with volunteers across channels, and creating mechanisms for volunteer feedback.
· Become familiar with topics relevant to newly arrived families served by CCCS in New York City to better understand how volunteers can serve the client population.
· Continually reassess the volunteer and internship program, in terms of scheduling systems, follow up, accountability, and communication, given the hybrid work environment. Develop tools to support this work for sustainability purposes.
· Conduct outreach to members of the community, community partners, faith-based organizations, civic groups, and others to promote the work of CCCS, new volunteer opportunities, event planning, and engage interested parties in providing both material and volunteer assistance to program participants. Track outreach using sustainable systems.
· Keep a running roster of in-kind and financial donations provided to individuals and families through the department.
· Learn about and build out the Community Sponsorship model and provide support in garnering interest from potential groups, including training, assistance with background checks, and other duties as necessary.
· Create promotional materials for events and help the marketing team spread the word about services offered to clients by CCCS to expand the reach of the office. Assist with coordinating CCCS’ annual celebration day in honor of our client population.
Compensation & AmeriCorps Benefits:
- Living allowance
- Orientation and training
- Ongoing professional development
- Childcare assistance, if eligible
- Relocation allowance
- Health Coverage - For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare.
- AmeriCorps Segal Education Award upon successful completion
- Valuable professional and personal experience in civic engagement, teamwork and leadership
In order to be eligible for a VISTA position, one must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident, or have Refugee status, Asylum, Temporary Protected Status (TPS) or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
How to apply:
To apply, please follow the following steps:
- Create a MyAmeriCorps account at https://my.americorps.gov
- Sign into your MyAmeriCorps account
- To find the position's MyAmeriCorps page, either click on the position's hyperlinked title on this page or run a search for the position using the MyAmeriCorps website's search engine (write "Community Resource Specialist VISTA" in the Program field)
- Once you are on the position's MyAmeriCorps page, click on the "Apply Now" button
Please contact Jessica Brecker at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
80 Maiden Lane14th FloorNew York, NY 10038
August 1, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME