4 people are interested
Volunteer English Teacher or Fundraising
ORGANIZATION: edward international school
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Volunteer English Teacher and/or Fundraising
You are looking for a life experience, teaching is something you like to do, you want help growing a little rural school, you have knowledge in communication or fundraising, this volunteering opportunity is for you!
Edward International School (EDIS) Overview
Edward International School (EDIS) has changed a new location in Trapaing Kaek village, Vielpong Commune, Odong district, Kampong Speu Province, Cambodia, which a place where I was born and growing here (after Covid-19). It is reopen again on 04th January, 2022.
This is an agricultural area where illiteracy and poverty are major concerns. It is common for families to overlook the importance of education in this remote area of Cambodia. Access to educational opportunities is critical to improving the lives of the children and families who live in the surrounding community.
EDIS provides Khmer literacy, English education, Chinese, Computer Literacy, Choreography, and extra sports opportunities to children in Cambodia. In addition, EDIS offers to children from Aural area in Kompong Speu Province the opportunity to help their poor families to break the cycle of poverty they are currently trapped in.
For more information, visit our website or our Facebook
EDIS is seeking to strengthen its English Language Programm. With this in mind, EDIS is looking for highly motivated volunteer English Teacher and Fundraising for the duration of three months or plus.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons and activities in English with a focus on improving pronunciation and conversation
- Being flexible, with strong commitment, good motivation and adopting the policy of EDIS
- Being engaged with our English teachers and the students in a fun and interactive way that improves their English-speaking, pronunciation, reading and writing level
- Implementing creative classroom exercises and educational games
- Meeting with the English Teachers as needed
- Participating in special events such as class parties, Parents’ conferences, etc
- Following the EDIS Child Protection policy
- Taking care of students and the lesson
- Organizing lesson plan with a pedagogy approach
Abilities and Skills
- Native English speakers or a proficiency level (fluent non-native English speakers)
* Have a positive approach to challenges, and a consultative approach
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability and willingness to work as part of a multicultural team
* Shows great initiative
* Ability to plan a variety of activities
* Compassionate, honest and trustworthy
* Act as a good role model for the children and staff we serve
* Ability to commit for a minimum of three months
No experience is required, however, a willingness to learn is vital and experience of developing English conversation and pronunciation lessons and/or Fundraising and/or Communication is highly desirable.
EDIS being at the beginning of his project, there is no financial contribution, however, accommodation is provided during all the duration of the mission.
All candidates and graduates are considered. All successful applicants will be required to provide references and a background police check in line with EDIS’s Policy.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please, send CV and Cover Letter via email@example.com or contact us by phone for more information: (+855) (0)10 33 67 96 / (+855) (0)92 65 79 92
More opportunities with edward international school1 Review
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About edward international school
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Kampong Speu, Cambodia +885, KH
to help the remote area with teaching english and communication or fundraising
Edward International School locates in Anlung Chhrey Village, Brabey Mom Commune, Thpong District, Kampong Speu Province, Cambodia. we need the volunteers because they can change the children's lives.
firstname.lastname@example.orgKampong Speu, Cambodia
March 27, 2023
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18