6 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Reach Services INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
The Literacy Program - Every Tuesday from 6:00PM-7:00PM - Providing one on one literacy tutoring, homework help, snacks and transportation. All indoors, kid-friendly event, background check required, training required.
You can either signup to help tutor the kids OR you can specifically sign up to help with transportation only. Tutoring requires a background check and short training and transportation only requires an MVR check.
When volunteering you would be paired with a student to assist with their homework and literacy skills specifically. We provide limited free transportation for the students as well as snacks and school supplies as needed. We host the students on the campus of Pinellas Community Church in their Youth & Elementary Auditorium spaces which allows for enough room to spread out and a kid-friendly environment.
- Allow us to perform a background check to ensure nothing on your record would put kids at harm's way.
- Watch the short online training to help you in tutoring the children with literacy skills (attached here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rMTAS08xSTlL1aluHONS0X_ayfHmwF0i/view?usp=sharing )
- Be available every Tuesday from 6-7PM (We understand life happens, so if you had to miss a Tuesday it would be no problem. We just ask to know in advance if possible).
- Be willing to do one on one homework and literacy help with students of varying ages and backgrounds. Please note all students are in households experiencing homelessness, low-income, or financial burden situations so we want to give extra care and attention to build relationships and support them.
- Be willing to fill out a small form after every session to track student progress.
3 More opportunities with Reach Services INC
About Reach Services INC
721 Dr MLK Jr St S, 1st floor, ST PETERSBURG, FL 33705, US
We are a nonprofit that provides free resources aiming to serve those experiencing homelessness, low-income, and at-risks situations. Our goal is to bridge the gap between people and the resources they need. The vision is that everyone has the opportunity to gain access to the resources they need to obtain a better life.
We have three focus areas of service. The first is life enrichment services to enrich lives and alleviate circumstances which includes providing food, clothing, hygiene items, housing assistance, billing assistance, and emergency assistance.
The second area of service is youth and families. We serve youth and families providing access to healthy snack packs, infant needs, transportation assistance, early learning services, educational resources, and quarterly community enrichment events to encourage family engagement and positive activities.
The third area of service is support navigating the systems of resources available. Often times clients need help in more than one area of life so we work together with Pinellas nonprofits to get clients access to all the help that is available to them.
5501 31st ST SSaint Petersburg, FL 33712
March 16, 2023
- Youth Services
- Environmental Science
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask that you agree to a full semester of tutoring to help students have consistency- Every Tuesday, 6-7pm. (3 months)