#Faith4ERA Advocacy & Mobilizing Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Justice Revival
Are you concerned about gender-based injustice in the United States and moved to stand with those facing threats to their human rights? As Advocacy & Mobilizing Coordinator at Justice Revival, you’ll be organizing faith leaders to advocate for full inclusion and equality under the U.S. Constitution, through a history-making campaign for the Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution.
Justice Revival is a diverse, inclusive community of Christian faith and a leading voice for human rights in the United States. We inspire people of faith with knowledge and understanding of human rights, and unite with them to promote a culture and nation free from injustice. Our pioneering human rights education programs, designed specifically for U.S. churches and seminaries, are the first of their kind in the United States.
The Advocacy & Mobilizing Coordinator will play a central role in advancing Justice Revival’s #Faith4ERA campaign to amplify faith support for the ERA. This role will involve significant responsibility for coordinating the organization’s direct and grassroots lobbying efforts. Responsibilities will include engaging faith leaders, denominations, and faith-based organizations in support of the ERA.
· Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) and the social movement in support of the ERA
· Conduct outreach to faith leaders, denominations, and faith organizations in order to bring new allies into the #Faith4ERA campaign (35%)
· Develop and coordinate grass-roots advocacy actions, engaging #Faith4ERA campaign partners (30%)
· Coordinate and support advocacy meetings with Members of Congress and their staff (25%)
· Monitor legislative developments in the U.S. Senate, and monitor federal litigation relevant to the ERA
· Monitor advocacy efforts by faith-based allies and opponents
- Bachelors’ degree preferred; some graduate education (in law, public policy, or other relevant subject) also preferred
- Background in human rights, civil rights, or policy advocacy preferred
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong self-management and organizational skills; attention to detail
- Experience in community organizing a plus
- Ability and desire to work with diverse, multi-cultural faith communities
- Willingness and ability to prioritize Justice Revival
- Initiative, creativity, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A contagious passion for our cause
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1875 Connecticut Avenue NorthwestWashington, DC 20009
June 7, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME