1 person is interested
Blue Zones Restaurant Ambassador
ORGANIZATION: Beach Cities Health District
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Beach Cities Health District's Well-Being Services is seeking Restaurant Ambassadors to support the Blue Zones Project Approved Restaurants and Grocery Stores program. Local partners in Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, and Redondo Beach are committed to prioritizing their customers’ health and making healthy choices the easy choices. The Restaurant Ambassadors will serve as a link between current and potential partners, and help them understand the value and process of designation.
Restaurant Ambassadors are expected to participate in the following:
- Monthly meetings: Attend monthly restaurant committee meetings.
- Community engagement: Contact and raise interest level of restaurants and grocery stores in making healthy choice changes to their menu and environment through phone calls, emails and in person visits.
- Event coordination: Assist with supporting events (e.g. nutrition workshops, cooking shows, etc.), including communication and engagement of partners, participants and program execution.
- Marketing: Assist in updating restaurant and grocery store lists and delivering collateral (e.g., perks signs, designation packets)
Restaurant Ambassadors must:
- Be 18 or older with viable transportation and good driving record
- Be friendly, positive, and have excellent customer service skills
- Be passionate about the Blue Zones Project
- Uphold knowledge of restaurant industry
- Maintain professionalism while networking
About Beach Cities Health District
514 N. Prospect, Redondo Beach, CA 90277, US
Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) is a healthcare district focused on preventive health and serves the communities of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach. Established in 1955 as a public agency, it offers an extensive range of dynamic health and wellness programs, with innovative services and facilities to promote health and prevent diseases across the lifespan.
Focusing on wellness, not sickness, encourages people to make wiser healthcare decisions. Preventative causes of illness and death, like tobacco smoking, poor diet and physical inactivity, are estimated to be responsible for nearly a million deaths annually-almost 40 percent of total yearly mortality in the United States. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), about 90 percent of today’s healthcare costs are for treating people with chronic yet preventable diseases. BCHD’s wellness and healthy living programs and services are aimed at making prevention an integral part of the classrooms, workplace and homes of the beach cities.
To enhance community health through partnerships, programs and services for people who live and work in Hermosa, Manhattan and Redondo Beach.
1200 Del Amo StRedondo Beach, CA 90277
June 6, 2022
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3-4 hours a month with one year commitment.