3 people are interested
DEVT: Corporate Advisory Council Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
As a member of the Corporate Advisory Council (CAC), you will play an integral role in helping us position ourselves with, and access funding from, potential corporate sponsors. We require support from corporations to aggressively pursue our vision for a more equitable future, to eliminate the gender, innovation, and opportunity gaps for girls in underserved communities.
Our goal is to impact 25,000 underserved girls, by 2025, by utilizing the support of companies, local communities and a growing network of volunteers. Our partnership model includes corporations, communities and colleges; and we are developing an advisory board to help us achieve that goal.
The ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of corporate sponsorship programs, and the ins and outs of building lasting partnerships.
- Define overall strategy towards corporate sponsors
- Act as intermediary between JerseySTEM and corporate sponsors and h elp us position ourselves with potential sponsors
- Develop embedded relationships with your own and other corporations where possible, to create internships for the instructors (college students), find speakers from your organization to participate in talks for school students and other ways of partnership
- Will serve a 2-year term, with re-appointment opportunity by mutual agreement
- Serve as an active advocate and ambassador
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 6, 2022
- Public Relations
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Will serve a 2-year term, with re-appointment opportunity per mutual agreement