Direct Support Professional in Cumberland County
ORGANIZATION: Friendly Connections, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Would You Like To Make The World A Better Place?
Friendly Connections, Inc. is hiring Direct Care Professionals in Cumberland County. We are looking for happy, caring, and friendly individuals to join our team! Friendly Connections care for their employees as much as their clients. We do at least once a month check-ins with both our clients and Direct Support Professionals to make sure everything is good.
Our Direct Support Professionals provide community and support services for disabled and elderly persons, and dementia patients. This includes coaching services in Supported Employment, Pre-Vocational Training, Community inclusion services, Individual Supports, Career Planning, and Community-Based Supports.
Our goal is to provide the best quality services to each individual and family we serve throughout New Jersey. Each client has their own unique needs that our employees help fulfill in the comfort of the patient’s home. Every member of our team is an essential part to both Friendly Connections; and our patients long term success and happiness.
- Flexible scheduling (Monday-Friday and Weekends) as necessary
- Full-time and Part-time hours available
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Assist with daily living and activities and help individuals integrate into the community
- Help promote independence, social skills, self-care, and development
- Assist individuals in services outside of the participants home, including recreational activities
- Provide basic training of tech and communication skills
- Provide job coaching services
- Transport individuals to and from their homes, activities, appointments, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all patient information compliant to HIPAA law and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Must love working with and helping people
- Must be over 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license and vehicle insurance in the state of NJ with your own reliable vehicle
- Driving record with 4 points or less
- Flexible schedule
- Employee must comply with state regulations as necessary
- Employee must cooperate with state regulations and NJ Department staff in any inspection or investigation
- Pass state and federal background checks
- First Aid and CPR certification
- The ability to exercise good judgement and use common sense
- The ability to remain calm in crisis situations
- The ability to interact with a wide range of people and situations
- The ability to work with people with different needs that may also need more attention than others
- The ability to undergo initial and ongoing training as necessary
- Drivers abstract
- Background check with the state
- Basic paperwork: W4 forms
TO APPLY: Apply here or Please visit www.friendlyconnections.net and include a RESUME.
Friendly Connections Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FC will ensure equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, age, pregnancy, marital or family status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran statutory any other characteristic protected by law.
Job type: Full time, Part time
Salary range: $16.00 per hour Medical available with employee contribution
Plus .31/Mile reimbursement per mile driven with patient in car
Pay raise to $17/Hour after working with us for 90 days
Industry: Non-Profit Organization, Individual and Family Services, Health Care
About Friendly Connections, Inc.
10 Crawfords Corner Rd, Unit 785, Holmdel, NJ 07733, US
To improve the well-being of individuals and families of the community.
We are a nonprofit family company that helps connect families and individuals with developmental disabilities with our friendly professionals. We offer social services, namely, companionship services for disabled and elderly persons, and dementia patients.
We have services handled by our Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) in: Supported Employment, Pre-Vocational Training, Community Inclusion Services, Individual Supports, Career Planning, Community Based Supports (CBS), Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, and Physical Therapy; working with people with and without disabilities (such as autism) for adult individuals in the NJ DDD program.
Main StreetMain StreetVineland, NJ 08332
June 6, 2022
- First Aid / CPR
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- We work around your schedule. Very flexible scheduling.
- Personal vehicle, drivers license, High School diploma or GED, Covid vaccine or weekly testing.