Team Volunteer at Ronald McDonald House Family Room in Northwestern Prentice Hospital
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana
Purpose: Team Volunteers are integral to the day-to-day operations of the Ronald McDonald House inside Northwestern Prentice Hospital. No two days as a Team Volunteer are alike, and these flexible, passionate individuals handle a variety of tasks to ensure things run smoothly for the families we serve. The House serves as a place of respite for families whose newborns are receiving medical treatment in the NICU. The space is located on the hospital’s 10 th floor, within the NICU, and features a kitchenette, living area, TV, shower, playroom and five sleep rooms.
Location: Ronald McDonald House inside Northwestern Prentice Hospital, 250 E. Superior St., Chicago, IL 60611.
- Interact professionally with guests, other volunteers, donors, visitors and staff.
- Work at the front desk to welcome and assist guests, check in families, accept donations, help with administrative projects and answer the phone.
- Complete simple household tasks to maintain a clean and functional space. Responsibilities vary widely but may include: cleaning, doing laundry, restocking and organizing the pantry area, as well as sanitizing surfaces and other items.
- Help families by preparing guest rooms for their arrival, answering basic questions and directing them throughout the House.
- Assist with the preparation for and/or cleanup of varied services, such as meals and activities.
- Deliver and pick up laundry and supplies, as needed.
- Remain flexible and willing to complete wide-ranging tasks to meet current needs.
· Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able/willing to show proof of vaccination in order to participate at RMHC-CNI locations.
· Agreement with and alignment to all RMHC-CNI rules, policies and protocols, including our current, post-COVID participation requirements.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with other volunteers and staff.
· Desire to create and maintain a caring and compassionate environment for guest families.
· Willingness to engage with and provide service to guest families.
· Comfortable cleaning and maintaining a high-level of organization.
· Must be capable of standing, squatting and carrying up to 15 pounds.
· Volunteers must be dependable, trustworthy, friendly and flexible.
Time Commitment and Scheduling:
· Volunteers must commit to one weekly, three-hour shift for at least one year.
· Team Volunteer shifts are available seven days a week and are three-hours long.
Training and Support:
· Volunteers must complete both the RMHC-CNI and Northwestern Prentice Hospital onboarding requirements, including: orientation/info sessions, background checks, health screening/proof of vaccinations, and an on-site shadow shift.
· Team Volunteers report to the Northwestern Prentice House staff and Volunteer Services Manager.
· Interested individuals can submit an online application: http://vhub.at/northwesternprenticevolunteers
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
250 East Superior StreetChicago, IL 60611
June 4, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH