Refugees fleeing persecution in their homeland are being resettled by Caritas of Austin. Community Advocate volunteers provide a significant presence for these individuals and families as they make the transition to self-sufficiency. Volunteer on a flexible schedule. Training provided. We are looking for more drivers to help clients get to appointments.
Contact Loly Thomas, Caritas Direct Service Volunteer Coordinator, (512)632-0559
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours a month
- car and auto insurance
- Help someone or a family...
- Community Kitchen Volunteer
- Apartment Set-up Volunteer
- Bilingual Direct Service...
- Volunteer Management...
- Homeless & Refugee Employment...
- Receptionist And Pantry Assistant
- Refugee Child Day Care Liaison
- Caritas Education Program: ...
- Landlord Outreach Specialist...
- Administrative Volunteers
- Community Advocates - Volunteers
- Donation Drivers - Volunteers
- Volunteer Driving Refugees-...
- Caritas Employment Program...