36 people are interested
use your social media savvy to help animals!
ORGANIZATION: Marian's Dream
Please visit the new page to apply.
36 people are interested
SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEER
THIS POSITION IS 100% REMOTE
Due to the nature of our work, we are looking for volunteers who are physically located in the United States.
Do you want to save animals and reduce shelter euthanasia? Do you believe in the importance of spay/neuter for pets? Do you enjoy social media and engaging with communities and organizations online? This is the internship for you.
We are looking for social media savvy volunteers to join our team. Leverage your time and talents to help us end pet overpopulation by connecting more pets and pet parents to affordable spay/neuter services in their communities.
United Spay Alliance (USA) is dedicated to the promotion of accessible, affordable, and timely spay/neuter services to prevent unwanted litters and end pet overpopulation. USA works in partnership with Marian's Dream.
As a Social Media Volunteer at USA, you will help manage and moderate the social media presence for USA and Feline Fix by Five (FFF) - a program of United Spay Alliance, aimed at promoting spay/neuter of kittens before five months of age. By publishing relevant and timely content and engaging our supporters in a meaningful way, you will help educate and foster a community of compassion for pets and pet parents alike.
The Social Media Volunteer will work closely with the Social Media Manager to maintain current platforms for USA and FFF and develop a strategic plan for growing audience engagement and promoting educational initiatives.
Current platforms include Facebook and Instagram. USA is looking for support to grow its presence on LinkedIn as well:
- Facebook and Instagram @UnitedSpayAlliance
- Facebook and Instagram @FelineFixByFive
A commitment of at least 2 hours per week for 3 months is preferred. Social Media Volunteer should be responsive to emails from USA team. They should be in regular contact with Social Media Manager and USA team via email, and are expected to provide updates on their progress at least every other week. Zoom meetings may be scheduled as requested or required.
- Plan, draft, and schedule content using Loomly and Canva
- Engage with posts and share content from peers and partners
- Interact with supporters and invite them to like USA pages
- Moderate comments and direct questions to USA team as needed
- Develop quarterly strategic plan for social media content across all platforms
- Writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage
- Enthusiasm for social media
- General knowledge of spay/neuter and animal welfare issues preferred
- Experience using Loomly a plus, but not required
Those interested should complete our brief application at the link below. Thank you!
About Marian's Dream
P.O. Box 365, Brunswick, ME 04011, US
to reduce the number of unwanted, unplanned litters of pups and kittens so every cat/dog has a chance to get a good home
Small nonprofit, 40 years old, seeking to make life better for animals, with a focus on companion animals. We use public awareness campaigns and social media
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2023
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- A commitment of at least 2 hours per week is preferred.
- Enthusiasm for social media encouraged! And a love of helping families and pets.