Utility Partnership Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
ROCKBlue is seeking an outgoing Utility Partnership Coordinator (UPC) to join our dynamic non-profit organization. The UPC assists the Director of Utility Partnership (DUP) to coordinate with partner utilities to meet their stated objectives. The UPC will be primarily responsible for compiling monthly updates from each utility and track their performance towards achieving their objectives. This position will look great on your resume and will be the perfect stepping stone to take your career to the next level. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to help others, grow their skills and work in a team environment.
ROCKBlue is a nonprofit that aims to solve the growing gap between reliable water supply and accelerating urban demand by leveraging its large network of highly experienced specialists. We focus on strengthening the ability of water and sanitation utilities to provide these services to the poorest individuals in cities and towns across the developing world . As UPC, you will directly and indirectly assist ROCKBlue in reaching its mission, impacting the lives of millions of people. Within our organization you will learn invaluable communication skills and work with a diverse group of people, situated around the world. The small nature of our organization offers many opportunities for advancement as well as exposure to all business activities.Responsibilities
The key responsibility of the UPC is to work closely with the DUP in managing partnerships and monitoring the performance of its utility partners. Specific responsibilities include:
- Liaise with ROCKBlue Utility Specialists and Resident Representatives (ROCKBlue’s Utility Personnel) on actions related to the respective utility’s Performance Tracking Form (PTF)
- Participate in fortnightly coordination calls with utilities and document notes from these calls, especially, action items that require ROCKBlue’s utility personnel to follow-up.
- Coordinate with ROCKBlue’s utility personnel and partner utilities to gather and compile monthly updates on their PTF.
- Coordinate monthly update reviews and solicit a response to comments for additional clarification.
- Coordinate with ROCKBlue’s Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist to develop monthly summaries of ROCKBlue’s partnership performance.
- Assist the DUP in coordinating and communicating with partner utilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering will be beneficial, but is not required
- An understanding of urban water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the developing world and ROCKBlue’s approach towards working with utilities and municipalities
- Experience working in Africa will be beneficial, but is not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills when working with people from all over the world
- Adept in intercultural communication
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Effective time management
- Software skills with a preference for Google Workspace, and the ability to learn Trello, Slack and Clockify
- Adaptability and problem solving capabilities
- Goal driven mindset and ability to meet commitments
- A stable Internet connection
This is a volunteer position
601 Foothill Road, Ojai, CA 93023, US
The core purpose of ROCKBlue is to improve the lives of the urban poor in the developing world by assisting water utilities tasked with supplying water and sanitation. ROCKBlue partners with the water and sanitation utilities that supply the basic amenities of water and sanitation to the urban poor. We empower our partner utilities by being a connector and service provider. The result of these partnerships are healthier cities that support the well-being of the local communities and economy thus improving lives.
ROCKBlue aims to solve the growing gap between reliable water supply and accelerating urban demand. We are a nonprofit that leverages a large network of highly experienced specialists. ROCKBlue focuses on strengthening the ability of water and sanitation utilities to provide these services to the poorest in cities and towns across the developing world.
ROCKBlue accomplishes this mission through respectful and mutually beneficial partnerships with both public utilities in the developing world and with the international donors and lenders supporting these utilities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 3, 2022
- This is a virtual, part-time position (approximately 5 hours/week) with an initial period of 3 months to determine if it works for both ROCKBlue and the candidate. If it appears to be a positive working relationship then the assignmen
- Remuneration This is a volunteer position