Cook/Sponsor a Meal for our Family Center!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Union Station Homeless Services
Union Station Homeless Services relies on the support of volunteer groups to provide daily home-cooked meals to shelter residents and community members in need. If your family, corporation, or civic group would like to cook and serve a meal or drop off/cater a meal from a local restaurant at one of our shelters, consider sponsoring an "Adopt-a-Meal"!
- Plan a menu of your choice (i.e. roasted chicken, mac and cheese, salad, cookies, and drinks)
- Purchase the ingredients needed to prepare the food
- Cook the meal - you can bring it cooked from home or prepare it in our kitchens (or purchase food from a restaurant and drop it off or have it delivered)
- Serve the meal to our residents (our staff would be happy to serve the meal on your behalf if you choose not to serve in person)
Please note that there is an age requirement for volunteering in the kitchen. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed in the kitchen at any time. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old with a chaperone, 16 to volunteer without. We ask that you please wear closed toed shoes and long pants for your safety and protection.
**Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required if serving/cooking at our facilities. Volunteers will be required to wear a surgical grade mask or higher (not cloth). If you do not have a surgical mask, Union Station Homeless Services will be able to provide you one upon arrival to your volunteer shift. Additionally, all volunteers must read and acknowledge a COVID liability waiver onsite.
If interested or if you have any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
825 East Orange Grove BoulevardPasadena, CA 91104
June 3, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH