2 people are interested
*All it takes is your smile. Volunteer with the Red Cross.
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
BLOOD DONOR AMBASSADORS -- Requires your welcoming smile!
Manage the registration sign-in desk at community blood drives, welcoming potential blood donors, thanking them, and making for a more positive experience for everybody involved! Once trained, you only sign up for drives in your neighborhood and on your schedule, with most Ambassadors helping one-or-two shifts per month, each shifts about 4-5 hours Monday-Friday during normal business hours.
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
To get started as a Red Cross volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=43393&h=193&p=1899125
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations York, PA 17401
September 19, 2023
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of one 5 hour shifts per quarter
- Minimum age and background check requirements vary by position. Volunteers must be vaccinated or wear a mask.